DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Stuff's looking good as always Josh. Hate bugging you in here, did you receive my PM back to you yesterday? It's ok if you've been too busy to look at it, I'm just following up in case it didn't get through.

Love the blaster marks on the clones chest. Do you paint those, or scratch the paint surface off?

PS - A shot of the Obi's in progrees wouldn't be bad... lol!

Love the blaster marks on the clones chest. Do you paint those, or scratch the paint surface off?

PS - A shot of the Obi's in progrees wouldn't be bad... lol!

Thanks man! The blaster marks and scorches are all paint, just done with great care to make them look like they are gouged in. Layering is awesome. :rock

Obi shots very soon! I am shortening all the necks as we speak. But by hand with a knife...:lol

Stuff's looking good as always Josh. Hate bugging you in here, did you receive my PM back to you yesterday? It's ok if you've been too busy to look at it, I'm just following up in case it didn't get through.

PM replied Sean.... sorry for the lateness.... I always have a Hell of a time with the replies.

Josh, I gotta stop checking this thread :monkey2...............I want the Terminator heads NOOOOOOOOOW! :D

You.........You.............You gotta a ****en gift my friend (Analyse This)

Josh, I gotta stop checking this thread :monkey2...............I want the Terminator heads NOOOOOOOOOW! :D

You.........You.............You gotta a ****en gift my friend (Analyse This)

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Thanks Roy! And don't worry bro... the heads should come pretty quick for you. Your stuff should be arriving at a lull in my work anyway, so that is good for everyone. :rock

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Thanks Roy! And don't worry bro... the heads should come pretty quick for you. Your stuff should be arriving at a lull in my work anyway, so that is good for everyone. :rock

:lol can't believe I will be 31 in a couple of weeks and my excitment comes from what some see as "Toys" These are the good times man! :chew

:lol can't believe I will be 31 in a couple of weeks and my excitment comes from what some see as "Toys" These are the good times man! :chew

I'm 35, married with kids... and still love my toys...
You may have to get older, but you never have to grow up completely!

:D

I'm 35, married with kids... and still love my toys...
You may have to get older, but you never have to grow up completely!

:D

The funny thing is, its seemed like the day I turned 30 I suddenly had an urge to collect action figures! I use to collect Hockey cards over the past 15 years or so, then before during and after I got married there was nothing.

I'm back baby! I mean everyone loves movies right? Why not have some great looking "Collectibles" ;) to go along with your movie watching er hobby!

:lol

Ok guys... update time.. Here are the pics of my in work stuff, minus the Obi-Wan's and Frodo...

DSCN3524.jpg

DSCN3528.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

dam josh... you are the greatest...I know how busy you are and you still did the most amazing job I could have imagined.

Obi shots very soon! I am shortening all the necks as we speak. But by hand with a knife...

something I figured out for when I've been doing this with my own heads Josh, a sheet of sandpaper on your desk.... hold the head onto it, making sure the base of the neck is flat.... and rub side to side. It gives a perfect flat level bottom to the neck. And takes it away evenly. Much faster than trying to cut it manually

something I figured out for when I've been doing this with my own heads Josh, a sheet of sandpaper on your desk.... hold the head onto it, making sure the base of the neck is flat.... and rub side to side. It gives a perfect flat level bottom to the neck. And takes it away evenly. Much faster than trying to cut it manually

Will do Darren! I had tried that with my sanding blocks, but not sandpaper. I will have to get some today or tomorrow. Cutting it away with a knife is a ***** and it takes a lot of concentration to get the bottom flush.

And thanks for all of the comments guys... It really is super appreciated. Venny, that Bruce is about 90% done, still have some minor touches to do here and there but it's coming along. :rock

Well I can't seem to get these embedded so I'll just use the system on here to showcase how awesome Josh's work looks!

Josh, thanks again man, it was well worth any wait. They guys are the pinnacle of my collection now! :chew

SuperActionGuy

Ok guys... update time.. Here are the pics of my in work stuff, minus the Obi-Wan's and Frodo...

DSCN3524.jpg

DSCN3526.jpg

Hey DA I have a quick question for you, what is the scale of that Captain Miller sculpt? I was thinking of getting one, it looks smaller than the rest in that picture, is it 1/6?

Not been on in a while,your talent just get better and better,Loving your work.Got any more Buffy customs planned?

AWESOME! Which ones next? Gree?

I have another one in the pipeline for the same buyer, but not sure which yet... But whatever way it goes it will be fun! :rock

Not been on in a while,your talent just get better and better,Loving your work.Got any more Buffy customs planned?

Nice to see that you are back, BC. I do in fact have a few more coming, Angel, Graduation Day Buffy, Willow and maybe a season 8 Warren. Should be something posted soon. :rock

Hey DA I have a quick question for you, what is the scale of that Captain Miller sculpt? I was thinking of getting one, it looks smaller than the rest in that picture, is it 1/6?

Yeah, it's 1:6. Just a tad smaller than normal. It looks best on a Dragon body, all others just make his head look tiny. But it is a fantastic likeness and well worth the dough.

What is that...a breeze? No, it's too strong...a storm blowing in...a strong one by the looks of it...more like...a Hurri...no...no...not that...but a major Tropical Storm for sure! Not QUITE a Hurricane, but DAMN CLOSE!

Tropical Storm Josh! :rock

Great job on this Josh. Terrific.
Did you draw those lines in, or tape them? And the paint looks perfect! You are coming on strong with these clones bro! I am VERY impressed!
If I get a Medi-Clone....well...I'm thinking....:D
Great work dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back