Darthgothikus' Hall of shame...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your shots are hilarious. I am always impressed at the closeups. are you the one that does the pics for Wizard Magazine?

Cheers Grphyx1

No not me (never seen Wizard magazine, what's it about?)

Photography's just a fun hobby for me, but I'm starting to branch out into some commercial stuff, have to see how it goes...

Colin

Cheers Grphyx1

No not me (never seen Wizard magazine, what's it about?)

Photography's just a fun hobby for me, but I'm starting to branch out into some commercial stuff, have to see how it goes...

Colin

Are you serious? Makes sense though, it's about comic collecting, but they have this section of mashups with toys (mostly star wars) with some really funny caption, like you have in your section. Kinda like ToyFare but for comics.

Well your photos are lighted brilliantly and very clear. Good luck with the commercial pursuit hope you can make some money off your 'fun hobby'. Because I think You, Havok and Alice take some great pics

Thanks gryphyx1

Nice to know people look in here and enjoy the stuff I chuck up!

Here's an Illustrator file I'm working on tonight, it's for my wife's birthday (On Wednesday! crap better stop mucking about in here and crack on!) It's about 70% finished and will be printed out A2 size when done.

Inspired by a Danish art studio who put out prints under the name MisseMai - my wife likes their stuff so I thought I'd create something personal in that style...
Girlstreecut.jpg

I'll update it when it's done.

Thanks gryphyx1

Nice to know people look in here and enjoy the stuff I chuck up!

Here's an Illustrator file I'm working on tonight, it's for my wife's birthday (On Wednesday! crap better stop mucking about in here and crack on!) It's about 70% finished and will be printed out A2 size when done.

Inspired by a Danish art studio who put out prints under the name MisseMai - my wife likes their stuff so I thought I'd create something personal in that style...
Girlstreecut.jpg

I'll update it when it's done.

I love it. What's the teapot signify? are those your kids?

Thanks guys.

We're Brits. We drink our own weight in tea, daily.

Yep, that's our twins, Matilda on the left, Violet on the right.

Think I'll call this finished, could noodle about with it forever but I reckon it's fairly balanced now.

You probably can't see it on the jpeg, but there's a message written in the leaves...

Girlstreecut2.jpg

looks great m8 i cant read the message though, ive tried squinting and everything. Is it like 1 of those weird piccies were u have to poke yourself in the eye and turn your head sideways to read?

Ha, no mate, I can't see them either.

I guess it shall remain a mystery for the lady it was intended for, (ahh I'm a slushy old romantic me!)

Hey, whatever happened about that UK freak meet in Southampton?

Not heard any more about that - fancied a few pints with some geeks!?!?!??

:D

That light tent works very well I have the impression. Are you satisfied about it? You can do awesome things with it! Light, light light!!! Also, you got quite some toys yourself! :D

Cheers Alice!

Yeah, I've got a couple of dollies... :joy

Light tent is great, not used it as much as I intended as I've been real busy with work. But it does give you a lot more control over the light on your subject. Also it was very cheap (about £29GBP) So you can't loose really!

Colin

Cheers-me-dears!

Hoping to get a couple of hours free tomorrow to spend with HB.

Picked up a Medicom Blade T-shirt on eBay the other week, fancy it might suit Big Red.

Also looking forward to my Ultimate Quarter Scale Emperor coming this week, can't wait to point the old box brownie his way!

Couple more... with thanks to all you guys for inspiration - such cool pictures being posted here! Love 'em all (Special thanks to Alice for making me look at things from a different angle).

Oh, and the Medicom T-Shirt was never gonna go on...

HBPortrait4.jpg

HBPortrait3.jpg

HBPortrait2.jpg

Last edited:
However, everything has a price.

While taking these shots I noticed HB leaning a bit awkwardly to one side... Ahhh the dreaded Hot Toys weak knee!!!

HBKnee1.jpg

Exactly the same thing happened with my Abe, straight out of the box :banghead

HBKnee2.jpg

I'm hoping the same Super Glue fix will work here, otherwise I'll be canabalising a spare True Type which was destined for a Sandtrooper kitbash. :mad:

HBKnee3.jpg

We'll see how this holds up. Really P***es me off though! :sick

Same leg and same spot as mine when he came broken in the box :monkey2 i done the same as what your doing now and its a good solid fix.

Don't make me blush Darthgothikus!

Rock and roll!! Like the new approach. These are some very fine portraits! It hurts to see the broken figure though. Especially since they are not cheap, and spare parts are not always easy to come by. But sometimes, a great picture is worth the price! ;)

Back