DC Direct 13 Inch Powergirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! I'd really been hoping the final product would be improved over the prototype pics, but the face sculpt is just hideous, IMO. And while I understand the use of flesh-colored leggings to hide the joints, the way they gap at the hip looks bad. I really like this line as a whole, but I'd have to score this one a "miss" by DCD.

I don't see how you can call the face sculpt hideous - it's a beautiful female sculpt, but the head looks undersized for the body.

Thanks for reminding me about this one - I'll have to go pick her up today.

I don't see how you can call the face sculpt hideous - it's a beautiful female sculpt, but the head looks undersized for the body.

Thanks for reminding me about this one - I'll have to go pick her up today.

Dave, not sure where you live, but she won't be out until tomorrow here in the USA.

I've got mine on preorder with Alter Ego. I don't think it will show up at my house for at least another week though considering AE's holiday hours.

this line is really cool. i remember someone on here saying that the 13" scale just adds to the "bigger than life" these superheros are supposed to be. they kinda remind me of a toy id of died for as a kid. except way cooler. not as museum like. but fun nonetheless

Um, because it's MY OPINION ? Don't take it personal. I just think it looks unattractive. And I'm one of this line's largest supporters, I've been buying multiples of most releases since day one, including the first Supes and Green Lantern. But I should have more accurately said "head sculpt"; at least in that pic, the hair looks too obviously plastic, not as natural or detailed a sculpt as I would expect for the price.

Are those original Hot Toys Prison Break figures? If so, they don't look too good.

No, they are a couple of bashes shaun did a while back before the HT release. I just got the new PB street clothes version, very nice figs the outfits are amazing. Here's a review I did for the first two- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101907b.htm

But back to Powergirl, I have to admit I only have the DC Direct Batman Begins and Superman Returns, neither are that strong and were enough to keep me away from the line. I just dont like the base body, I have no prob with the 13" scale, I just dont like the way it's designed and engineered.

To be completely fair the BB and SR are the weakest of all the DC13 - the body is best suited for comicbook versions of characters.

As for PG - the hip joint doesn't help her. I'm thinking they went with her this early in the line because they aren't sure how to do long haired characters, but she should probably have been held until they had more practice with problem areas such as the hips. And the pin heads may work somewhat with male characters, but it's a disservice to the ladies.

I'm actually liking the way she looks, the head sculpt looks fine, but that paint stinks. The only ugly spot for me are those hips.
I'd love to buy one but I need to see a standing comparison of her to other 1:6 scale figures. I'm not familiar with the base body used on that Supergirl although I do recognize the head and out fit so that one doesn't help.

If I could find one for under $50, I'll pick one up, eventually.

It just occurs to me: a few weeks ago we got "Babs" (Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl), and this week we get "Boobs". :monkey3

Oh, I figured they'd be pushed back but Shaun's got his. It's not fair!

This is probably the first DCD 13" that arrived here earlier than the US, Dave.:) We usually get our shipments in on Thursdays.

wookster
No, they are a couple of bashes shaun did a while back before the HT release. I just got the new PB street clothes version, very nice figs the outfits are amazing.

Thanks for explaining Jeff. :)

Back