Disney, what do you prefer?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you Prefer?

• Total voters

scarecrow jim

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I was watching an Old Disney classic 'Oliver & Company' yesterday after recently watching 'Brave', and I was wondering what people prefer, the Old hand drawn classic films or the newer Pixar and other CGI films?

Personally I prefer the hand drawn films, with 'Lion King' being one of my favorite films of all time, as well as the likes of 'Fox and the Hound', Jungle Book', Aladdin and 'Tarzan' maybe because I grew up watching them from an early age.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the CGI films and the animation has become incredibly good, but I just think there is a certain charm to the older films that the CGI films are lacking.

Older, I don't "connect" with most of the Pixar type films. The exception of course is Wall-E. Loved that movie.

A good story.
Either medium is fine with me ... :monkey1

BINGO! :lecture

(although I am sad hand drawn is going away. really sad that we might not have any more movies like that in the future)

I also Love stop Animation. Paranorman was such an amazing movie.

Although I have voted for 'both equally', but I actually like Merrie Melodies (and such) better.

On that note, I'd like to post Foghorn Leghorn rant :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCsiWL6gn0&list=PLDB2F6E23DC086DA0[/ame]

Well Brave and Wreck it Ralph both look amazing,

They could never look as good hand drawn.

but at the same time I couldn't picture Beauty and the beast or Little Mermaid in CGI style.

Easy both from me.

Love the art Disney has produced both old and new.

I've never enjoyed Disney's cel animation, just don't like their stories or their visual style. I appreciate the artistry, but the movies never resonated with me the way Miyazaki's have. With a couple of exceptions I love Pixar's stuff, and a handful of other 3D CG films. There are a couple of beautiful stop-frame movies out there too.

Back