Dragon's 1/6 scale Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually this is a re-release. But with new head sculpt of Armstrong & new body. So maybe, just maybe they'd do the other 2 guys.

But i hope they improve the cover on the equipments coz they are an eyesore if you look properly.

For the initial retail price it's a steal.

In fact most Dragon figures priced at a steal. Imagine Kerberos for just $80.

These are all sold out and commanding a premium on eBay? I thought they'd have made a lot more, maybe they'll go back for another variant or rerelease.

Sorry for the thread resurrection.
I had a buzz figure years ago, but sold it due to my young kids trying to play with it.
It's now 10years later and I've got another. I'm curious about your case, did you purchase it or make it, also did you make the base?
I did think about doing something similar.

Finalization and resettlement "the moon".

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I've been going through this one for reference so I thought I'd might as well post on it because I finally got the Cyber-Hobby "2011 Version" Apollo 11 Astronaut from a local comic store. It had been there for at least 4 years (when I first saw it there) and at least once I haggled to bring down the $220 price they had it listed for, but did't get the substantial discount I wanted. Then low and behold, I screwed up the courage to try again and they gave it to me for 50% off! Now that I have it, I didn't realize that it didn't come with the cool moon surface base that Dragon's first astronaut came with, so I'll see what I can do with an unused figure case from Dragon's first Erwin Rommel figure and if it'll even fit. However, seeing some of the earlier shots, I'm thinking of taking pics with the gold visor down, but first I'll need to hire a svelte male model to take the pic, lol!

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I've been going through this one for reference so I thought I'd might as well post on it because I finally got the Cyber-Hobby "2011 Version" Apollo 11 Astronaut from a local comic store. It had been there for at least 4 years (when I first saw it there) and at least once I haggled to bring down the $220 price they had it listed for, but did't get the substantial discount I wanted. Then low and behold, I screwed up the courage to try again and they gave it to me for 50% off! Now that I have it, I didn't realize that it didn't come with the cool moon surface base that Dragon's first astronaut came with, so I'll see what I can do with an unused figure case from Dragon's first Erwin Rommel figure and if it'll even fit. However, seeing some of the earlier shots, I'm thinking of taking pics with the gold visor down, but first I'll need to hire a svelte male model to take the pic, lol!

Good deal! Just as well too with the 50th anniversary figures coming out (one of which at least comes with the moon base).

Found a link to a hi-res pic of the new releases. Looks like the boots are new, being a mix of cloth and moulded parts. Collins never left the CSM, so they need to correct that.

didco_apolloastronaut01-lg.jpg

did_boots.jpg

Congrats on the acquisition. I've got every Dragon/ DML Astronaut release so far. To be honest, the moon base was a flimsy vacuum-formed plastic piece which I gave away or else it would have gone straight to the trash. Better to make your own lunar base with cellu-clay or plaster on a plaque or even picture frame.

Hobby Master released a Gene Cernan figure as well. It is not bad but similar to the old Dragon figure in design.

Cernan 2.jpg

DID's soon to be released is almost identical to Dragon's but has an amazingly detailed back-pack. Boots look to be updated as well.

We really need a company to go all out with these types of figures.

As much as i like the Apollo suits, i wish someone would make the modern EMU suits or the Shuttle ACES suits.

STS-118_EVA_EMU_Suit.jpg

320px-ACES_STS-130.jpg

Failing that, suits from Interstellar or the Martian would be most welcome. I'm disappointed DAM Toys never completed their line of pilot figures. A James Garner in an ACES suit would have been the perfect choice.

The Blitzway figure looks amazing, but the fact it's a statue, it's 1/4 scale and the (out of this world) price tag means it's not really an option. Hopefully Blitzway will apply their development into a proper 1/6 figure.

Congrats on the acquisition. I've got every Dragon/ DML Astronaut release so far. To be honest, the moon base was a flimsy vacuum-formed plastic piece which I gave away or else it would have gone straight to the trash. Better to make your own lunar base with cellu-clay or plaster on a plaque or even picture frame.

Hobby Master released a Gene Cernan figure as well. It is not bad but similar to the old Dragon figure in design.

View attachment 422631

DID's soon to be released is almost identical to Dragon's but has an amazingly detailed back-pack. Boots look to be updated as well.

We really need a company to go all out with these types of figures.

Thanks for letting me know about the flimsy construction of the Dragon moon base. Yep, I think I'll take a shot of making my own with the chance of using a prettier, properly finished wood base.

Thanks for letting me know about the flimsy construction of the Dragon moon base. Yep, I think I'll take a shot of making my own with the chance of using a prettier, properly finished wood base.

Where can you preorder the DiD release?

Where can you preorder the DiD release?

Sorry, I too just learned that DiD will be making their own astronauts; the other members who recently posted might know more. I tried looking for any information and though DiD does/used to have a website, I can't find any trace of it anymore.

Excellent idea with the base. It will really turn it into a classic display.

Hopefully I can get it done sooner since it seems an easy enough project...lest it becomes another "aborted mission" in my list of projects...such as life for us hobbyists, lol!

Back