DUNE: Paul “muad'dib” Atreides. UPDATE 6/2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DUNE: Paul “muad'dib” Atreides.

I don't have a pressure pot for de-gassing, how much does that stuff bubble?

A good bit, it really needs to be pressure cast or vacuumed. It’s pretty thick also, so it’s hard to pour.

The one I have you you can demould early and it will hold form but you can still join to another piece of flexi seamlessly no glue

A good bit, it really needs to be pressure cast or vacuumed. It’s pretty thick also, so it’s hard to pour.

Interesting. I would have expected you rotocasted the suit to be hollow, but not if you had to spread the material. Did you cast it in pieces?

It’s not a one off, I plan to do a little run of them as soon as the Dracula sets are behind me. I was just too happy that the urethane rubber casting came out this well I had to show it off. I have some of the other parts of the suit made, I’m going to try and get them molded and cast in the next month.

Stunning work! DUNE is right up there after FLASH GORDON on my “favorite films that are grossly underappreciated” list (as is THE BLACK HOLE, but that’s a whole other thread...)

Sign me up!

The forearm piece came out and fit great. I’m working on the belt area then I'm moving on to the big one, I’m doing the upper legs and butt area as one piece. I hope it works out. :pray: I’ll post some pictures of the progress.

Last edited:

Wow. Don't know how I miss this, but please add me on the list when there is one.

Do you have a Feyd sculpt yet? Can we see?

I love Lynch's Dune. It has some odd bits, and it doesn't always match up with the book, but I love the look of the film.

oh and btw definitely interested in this. You're really hitting some figures that are on my must have list.

Bah. Nice work Spenser, but like a lot of people (I suspect) I prefer this look...Lynch dispensed with the cloak completely, for some reason. The stillsuit was supposed to be underneath the Fremen cloak garb.
dune_book_cover_frank_herbert-full1.jpg

excellent work my friend!!

Back