Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said medical grade silica and not silicone. Queen studios and infinite claim medical grade as well for their silicone, but when people asked them what brand of medical grade silicone was used they were kicked out of the FB groups. A good test is to see if they take Psycho paints or not, but I'm not willing to lose a cloud for that. I'm not trying to be negative, I just have a hard time believing they used a company like smooth-on to source real medical grade.
I understand your concerns but smooth-on is a US company so I don't think Gametoys will be using that, its most likely their own equivalent or better manufacturer available to them in China, which makes more financial sense for them.

The arms set are made from the same medical grade silica so that's one way to test if you want to.

We don't need to take their words for it but we also have to exercise a lot of common sense here. These are mixed media collectible figures and not really mass produced plastic Hasbro that can stand up to repeated, long term posing in a certain way. I don't mind the occasional dynamic poses but I would definitely think twice leaving them in that pose especially if multiple mixed media are touching each other in that pose. I know there are collectors who don't mind these dynamic poses so it's not a concern to them, especially if it can only be viewed at a certain angles.

The limit is yours to define.

Many people in China have received their SGD Tifa, it's huge, look at the size differences😱

Attachments

• Image_1715233901292.jpg
    Image_1715233901292.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 0
  • mmexport1715045024405.png
    mmexport1715045024405.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Image_1715009545694.jpg
    Image_1715009545694.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 0
  • mmexport1715009920210.jpg
    mmexport1715009920210.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 0
  • Image_1715072554675.jpg
    Image_1715072554675.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Oh wow, I'm glad they've shipped out Tifa in China already! I guess the third party shops will be receiving their stock soon and charging customers as well. SGD Tifa really looks beautiful! BUT what about the rest of Tifa's costume? SGD should've shipped her in her complete attire! I just hope if they're shipping out the costume separately at a different date, it wouldn't cost EXTRA from third party stores.

To take my mind off the FOMO (but probably reinforcing it...) I'm toying around with the idea of 3D modeling Noctis' Royal Arms weapons for printing at 1/6 scale in clear resin for use with the figure.

Any interest from y'all for that? I would probably try and figure out a couple display stand options too (circular like in his weapon select and all arrayed around him like in armiger unleashed / the Versus trailer)

*I would probably only be able to model the set as seen in FFXV, there's not enough reference material for the ones shown in Versus, but they generally look pretty similar.

** they would probably also be lower detail than the Engine Blade included with the Gametoys figure, since the weapons mostly look like ghostly outlines until Noctis selects one.
interesting ideal. keep us the update. mind sharing the 3d model here?

I understand your concerns but smooth-on is a US company so I don't think Gametoys will be using that, its most likely their own equivalent or better manufacturer available to them in China, which makes more financial sense for them.

The arms set are made from the same medical grade silica so that's one way to test if you want to.

We don't need to take their words for it but we also have to exercise a lot of common sense here. These are mixed media collectible figures and not really mass produced plastic Hasbro that can stand up to repeated, long term posing in a certain way. I don't mind the occasional dynamic poses but I would definitely think twice leaving them in that pose especially if multiple mixed media are touching each other in that pose. I know there are collectors who don't mind these dynamic poses so it's not a concern to them, especially if it can only be viewed at a certain angles.

The limit is yours to define.
You gotta remember too that some people (Christian Campbell for example) have medical grade silicone collectibles for 20yrs plus with movement, etc. that are still good today, but you really do get what you pay for. Jnd is also an Asian company, but they use smooth-on.

To take my mind off the FOMO (but probably reinforcing it...) I'm toying around with the idea of 3D modeling Noctis' Royal Arms weapons for printing at 1/6 scale in clear resin for use with the figure.

Any interest from y'all for that? I would probably try and figure out a couple display stand options too (circular like in his weapon select and all arrayed around him like in armiger unleashed / the Versus trailer)

*I would probably only be able to model the set as seen in FFXV, there's not enough reference material for the ones shown in Versus, but they generally look pretty similar.

** they would probably also be lower detail than the Engine Blade included with the Gametoys figure, since the weapons mostly look like ghostly outlines until Noctis selects one.
If he uses them all then you can most likely rip the game models from somewhere and have a pretty decent reference.

interesting ideal. keep us the update. mind sharing the 3d model here?

Of course! But if Gametoys ends up turning it into a product I'd better get one for free lol

If you get an opportunity, could you find out the measurement for the 1/6 swords included with Noctis? Especially the handle of the Engine Blade. I'm currently scaling them to a handle diameter of 6.4mm like GT's Fusion Sword as it'll likely be around the same size. But if I could find out the exact size, that'd be better. ;D

Of course! But if Gametoys ends up turning it into a product I'd better get one for free lol

If you get an opportunity, could you find out the measurement for the 1/6 swords included with Noctis? Especially the handle of the Engine Blade. I'm currently scaling them to a handle diameter of 6.4mm like GT's Fusion Sword as it'll likely be around the same size. But if I could find out the exact size, that'd be better. ;D

If you have FFXV on PC, there's a mod manager called Flagrum that lets you rip models easily. You can even preview and view the model in the manager without needing to export it to another 3d software. https://github.com/Kizari/Flagrum

Definitely interested!

Oh wow, I'm glad they've shipped out Tifa in China already! I guess the third party shops will be receiving their stock soon and charging customers as well. SGD Tifa really looks beautiful! BUT what about the rest of Tifa's costume? SGD should've shipped her in her complete attire! I just hope if they're shipping out the costume separately at a different date, it wouldn't cost EXTRA from third party stores.

I heard the costume set got delayed because of the red shoes. The shoe design is a bit complicated, they require more time and workflow for mass production.

Anyway, the full attire is set to be released on 20th May. (Along with the short haired bonus headsculpt for first 50 lucky pre-orders)

Some countries already have their first box shipped, and second box will be shipped out separately end of this month.

While some distributors would choose to wait for the full attire then ship out the completed set (2 boxes) in one goal. Mine is the latter, so I probably will only get mine in June or July (can't wait 🤣)

If you have FFXV on PC, there's a mod manager called Flagrum that lets you rip models easily. You can even preview and view the model in the manager without needing to export it to another 3d software. https://github.com/Kizari/Flagrum

After poking around with this for a while, I think I could actually recycle a lot of the in game models rather than build em from scratch. They lack fine details like inscriptions, but I wasn't planning to model that anyway, and the slightly polygonal look works really well if you consider them to be made of crystal before they fully appear in Noctis' hand...

Still gonna have to fix em up into a state where they can exist IRL I suppose, but it'll be a lot less work than I initially thought lol

After poking around with this for a while, I think I could actually recycle a lot of the in game models rather than build em from scratch. They lack fine details like inscriptions, but I wasn't planning to model that anyway, and the slightly polygonal look works really well if you consider them to be made of crystal before they fully appear in Noctis' hand...

Still gonna have to fix em up into a state where they can exist IRL I suppose, but it'll be a lot less work than I initially thought lol

They're an excellent starting point but there is a lot of clean up involved, I speak from experience.

For sure, normally I'd just use game models as reference. But I mean, lookit this!

Dad_2024-May-10_08-13-57PM-000_CustomizedView19381925778.png

That ain't far off what I'd consider good! Would not work for printing at life size, but at 1/6 scale?

I'll redo the main surfaces for the blade to get smooth, round shapes, but I think I'll just keep those lil' wings lol.

Last edited:
Anyone order the new Dragon Studio 1/4 Sephiroth from anywhere? Bought the EX.
I got mine from MOZ figure. Paid my shipping invoice on April 29th. Now they’re telling me the studio hasn’t even sent them the statues yet. Added that it might take anywhere from one week to a month due to “because of need packaging QC etc.
large quantity will be slowly”…

Back