Flaw in Medicom Stormtrooper??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGouse0498

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got a question about the Medicom Stormie for those who have it.

The thin strips of tape/plastic that hold on the shoulder pad armor and the clips below the belt...how do you keep them from snapping off???

I ask because the tape on the right-hand side shoulder armor is already starting to rip slightly, and I've only had it one day.

I was thinking using Velcro to attach the armor directly to the body suit if the connection rips. Would that mod work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

That part is actually kind of fragile. but it's a real simple fix.

one of mine was broken in the box when i opened it up (2nd hand off another collector). All I did was use a thin soft black cloth and cut it to a small little strip the same size as the original ones used. then just glued both ends and you cant even tell it was broken. Not to mention the cloth would probably hold it with no problems since it wont snap like the plastic would.

Someone even used a clear rubberband on theirs. get creative its not a big deal.

nash said:

one of mine was broken in the box when i opened it up (2nd hand off another collector). All I did was use a thin soft black cloth and cut it to a small little strip the same size as the original ones used. then just glued both ends and you cant even tell it was broken. Not to mention the cloth would probably hold it with no problems since it wont snap like the plastic would.

Someone even used a clear rubberband on theirs. get creative its not a big deal.

Didn't think of cloth. That sounds like a good fix too. What kind of glue would work best? Super glue?

It didn't look like it would be a real problem. If I can get through several passes as repainting Goth Ani's lips, then this is nothing. :lol

Thanks for the help, Nash!

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Didn't think of cloth. That sounds like a good fix too. What kind of glue would work best? Super glue?

It didn't look like it would be a real problem. If I can get through several passes as repainting Goth Ani's lips, then this is nothing. :lol

Thanks for the help, Nash!
I used superglue since that's all that I had at the time. But now if I were to do it again, I'd probably use Elmers or something non-permanent so you could always go back and re-do it if needed.

If you have any MR Lightsabers, I used a small piece of the black polish cloth that they come with.

Mine was used and came busted like that. I just used leather and super glue, leather is sturdier and blends in well, and looks great.

Yup what the guys said.
Or you could do what I did.

https://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f6.t11593|offset=50

Here's a short tutorial.

"Well, as we all know, the Medicom RAH body is probably the best is terms of poseability and proportionality.
While it works perfectly with all kinds of clothes, the armour parts will minimise the articulation and poseability of the figure.
The Medicom Stormtrooper is a classic example.
Dont get me wrong I love how the Stormie looks and they designed it almost to the best of what they could think of which would allow maximum articulation and poseability on a fully armoured Stormtrooper.
ALMOST.
I feel that they could have done better on how to fix the shoulder armour. The black strip connecting the chest armour to shoulder armour can look really wierd when you raise his arms and for a person who loves to pose his figures, that bothered me quite a bit.
So I thought of an idea and decide to cut off that black strip and used a Colourless Rubber Band."

IMG_1445.jpg

Cut into the right lengths. USe super glue to bond the together.
Apply lightly and you dont have to be too generous. Make sure it dries completely and wipe off the excess glue or you'll be so sorry.
IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

See how nicely the shoulder armour sits even with the different directions of the arms
IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

somehow i missed that tutorial bro. Very nicely done! i love how it is able to move with the arms too. I may have to go ahead and do that!

Pure Genius Scarlet!

LOL. No bro. I put tyhe tutorial on SSF as soon after I put it on Medi World.
Cheers!
Anyways, have those extenders arrived? I sent them close to 2 weeks already.

still havent got them yet, but when my girl sent me stuff from the philippines they usually take 3 to 4 weeks.

That's long. From SG it usually reaches about 14 business days. So it should arrive mid next week.

That's a great tip, Scarlet! My stormie arrives tomorrow.

I got him used. Based on this thread - I'm betting anything that one of the shoulder bands is broken.

Tin

nash said:

I had that happen, but the other way around. I sold my Stormtrooper on eBay, but when he arrived the shoulder armor on one side had fallen off. I was real surprised since I packed him up super careful and used a lot of bubble wrap and stryro peanuts.

Luckily it was insured and I guess the guy got some kind of refund since I never heard back from him :rolleyes:

Thanks, Scarlet. That looks similar to the idea I had with putting a few small pieces of Velcro on the arm and pad.

For now, the original straps are still in place, but at least I now have several viable options for when they do break.

Thank you all very much!!!

Now I have to spend some time this weekend going through screen caps so I can start Photoshopping this guy.

If it wasn't for the high price tag on the Medicoms, I would be very tempted to buy the ROTS Clonetrooper and ROTJ Vader (I have a Fett already ordered) and just say the heck with waiting for Sideshow's armored figures. :)

Got my stormie yesterday. And as I predicted - one shoulder armor piece was broken.

I've already fixed and made a few mods to the suit.

I'll post pics soon.

Amazing figure!

tinister said:
Got my stormie yesterday. And as I predicted - one shoulder armor piece was broken.

I've already fixed and made a few mods to the suit.

I'll post pics soon.

Amazing figure!

Definitely would like to see whatever modifications you made. This figure already kicks a** out of the box. No futzing required!!!

Back