FXWORK.COM sculpts in progress :) .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry gang, I'm back home in Ohio right now. Hope to have something for you when I get back to Cali

Must....not...sing..."I'm goin' Back to Cali, Cali, Cali, I'm goin' back to Cali."

Oh, wait, too late. :wink1:

I hope your Ohio trip goes well, and that good things await you when you can go home.

OK
So
A quick update:
Im not one to air my laundry on boards , but so many have been patiently waiting for my progress that I feel a general statement must be made .

I apologise for the downtime in sculpts but its been a really bad year for me, so far , involving burying my parents , having to put up for sale the family house, and other horrible stuff that I dont want to get into. Which has had me flying back to the midwest a lot .

There are still many personal things unresolved involving these factors and obviously my sculpting has slowed down.

I really enjoy my interaction with everyone here , and when I have gotten time, the sculpting relaxes me a lot , but I realize that its not as quick as I had expected to have things done for myself and for you all :(

I am still doing finishing work on :

Sallah
Dr Who characters , Delgado, Davidson, Hartnell, Brig etc...
and others when I can hop around to them ......

So they will be released soon, and although there are other artists offering great sculpts also, mine will be available as soon as I can do so . Hopefully you will appreciate mine also .

Honestly its good therapy for me w these figures, as simple as it sounds, I really enjoy it , and it helps distract me .

So if you are waiting on my heads to be ready , please be patient as I am doing what I can with everything going on . ...

Im not the first to deal with tragedy in their life and I wont be the last but I respect the good people here and thought that you should have a general summary of why you havent seen an official offering from me as far as another head goes.

Thanks for being a great group of friends to me !!!

I should have an update soon.

Russ

We are waiting on items that have NOT been paid for, so even though I really want a few of these sculpts, I or anyone else can just sit and wait-they are worth waitng for. Family always comes first.

Sorry about all the troubles. I know what you mean, anytime I hit a hard time I just make something, it is great therapy. No worry about the sculpts, we can wait. Take as much time as you want.

Sorry to hear this, Russ my deepest condolences and I hope that from now on everything will go much better for you. This hobby is a good way of getting ahead, doing things you love

Best, Pedro

I can't begin to imagine what kind of a time you've had. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Hopefully the other half of the year will bring better things. I am sure no one here wants to rush you. Take care.

Eww. Damn, that's harsh, Russ. I'm so sorry for your loss and what you have to go through now. I've never had to go through anything remotely like that. I can see where sculpting right now, whether making 1:1 busts, 1:6 heads, statues, or whatever would be very cathartic to lose yourself in. Now's the perfect time for that 1:1 Hasselhoff you always wanted to make yourself to greet people at your door! :horror
Peace and happy thoughts,
-Rick :)

I'm really sorry to hear of your Loss Russ. You have my deepest condolensces.If sculpting helps to relieve the pain , I say go for it my friend . There are a lot of us who love seeing your work here and we all know that you have to be in the frame of mind to sit down and do it. Keep smiling Russ ! :)

But, in better news...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUSS!!!!!!

"Let's celebrate and don't be late
well it's a good excuse to party
now come on lets get everything started
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
It's your first day now you're brand new
so Happy Birthday to you" :fest
- Sammy Hagar: "ten thirteen"

Thanks everyone :1-1: for the words .

I'm just glad I don't owe anyone anything during all this badness, Id hate to add guilt to what I'm feeling right now.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm still interacting and participating, I just wanted to let everyone know why things slowed down. I still have too much love for the hobby and the craft to leave.
Im just behind in my geek life :wink1:

Coming up , when i finish fine tuning them, are the heads I mentioned before, and hopefully we can all be having fun making our figures and show em off to our friends here :clap

Funny how many , that were strangers before , tend to be some of the best people you've never met , or talked to once, or met just once !!

I think that we, who like comics, sci fi, toys , etc.. can be more supportive, and empathetic than blood related family at times and for that we :rock:rock:rock
:)
Russ

Back