Statue Gentle Giant Pan's Labyrinth Pale Man SDCC Ex. statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well...
Dammit...
Why???!!!! :panic:
I have to get this... I just have to...

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/5...-con-exclusive-pale-man-statue-pans-labyrinth

paleman.jpg

Gentle Giant's 2012 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive The Pale Man Statue from Pan's Labyrinth

By The Woman In Black
June 20th, 2012

And another toy company has provided a look at its exclusive offerings during the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con: Check out Gentle Giant's The Pale Man Statue from Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth.

Nomad's Idle Hands Blog got the first look at the statue, which will be priced at $225 and consists of just 300 pieces.

The Pale Man who gorged on excess was banished to a den in the netherworld. Unable to feast on the banquet before him, his body shriveled and his humanity withered away. His only sustenance was the blood of innocents. A meal he relished in hunting himself. He kept a watchful eye over a dagger with a hilt of gold, for he feared it to be the only object that could cause him harm. In truth its presence kept him alive. Once the blade was removed, he collapsed unto himself and faded from existence. From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro comes a dark fairy tale about a young girl named Ofelia, who enters a mysterious labyrinth and finds herself at the center of a ferocious battle between good and evil.

del Toro himself will be signing at the Gentle Giant booth at SDCC so check the schedule as the show approaches for more details on that to assure you get your statue signed! You can also guarantee you get your Pale Man statue by pre-ordering it RIGHT HERE!

Check out the statue below, and then head over to Idle Hands for a few different angles and a look at Gentle Giant's other SDCC exclusives: Star Wars Admiral Motti and McQuarrie Stormtrooper mini-busts.

sdcc%2B2012%2Bgentle%2Bgiant%2Bpans%2Blabyrinth%2Bpale%2Bman%2Bstatue%2B1.jpg
sdcc%2B2012%2Bgentle%2Bgiant%2Bpans%2Blabyrinth%2Bpale%2Bman%2Bstatue%2B2.jpg

So after all these years, GG finally decides to release this and they make it a SDCC exclusive? That sucks.

How do SDCC exclusives even work? Do you just show up at a particular vendor to place an order? And while I know it says "exclusive," is that always true? I see Big Bad Toy Store advertise things for sale frequently that are described as SDCC exclusives, including for some Battle Beasts at this year's Con. Yet, you can order them right now from their website.

I'm new to the hobby, and I'll be going to the Con for the first time, so I just want to be sure that I understand how all of this stuff actually works. Thanks, guys.

Where's the Faun statue that they showed years ago???

BBTS and various online retailers go to the con and purchase some of the items. the prices for the excl are usually higher than at the con. factoring in that they still have to pay for the entrance, accommodations and shipping.

How do SDCC exclusives even work? Do you just show up at a particular vendor to place an order? And while I know it says "exclusive," is that always true? I see Big Bad Toy Store advertise things for sale frequently that are described as SDCC exclusives, including for some Battle Beasts at this year's Con. Yet, you can order them right now from their website.

I'm new to the hobby, and I'll be going to the Con for the first time, so I just want to be sure that I understand how all of this stuff actually works. Thanks, guys.

BBTS and various online retailers go to the con and purchase some of the items. the prices for the excl are usually higher than at the con. factoring in that they still have to pay for the entrance, accommodations and shipping.

Thanks. But it's weird that they're selling stuff that they don't actually physically have yet, though. A pre-order is one thing, but what happens if someone else buys out stock before BBTS gets theirs to fill their pre-orders? Seems like a strange system.

Anyway, as to the statue, there's no way I'd put that thing in my house. That's the last thing I'd want to look at each morning when I wake up!

As with everything collectible there is a market for everything, I have both bust from the movie, they were also con exclusives, i love looking at them every morning, they are in my media room in the basement:) either way if they oversell through pre-order, they go in order of placement. Allocations happen.

Thanks. But it's weird that they're selling stuff that they don't actually physically have yet, though. A pre-order is one thing, but what happens if someone else buys out stock before BBTS gets theirs to fill their pre-orders? Seems like a strange system.

Anyway, as to the statue, there's no way I'd put that thing in my house. That's the last thing I'd want to look at each morning when I wake up!

Yeah, this guy is too gruesome looking for me to display. Love the film though! I have all of the Gentle Giant busts from Pan's, including the very first SDCC Faun signed by Del Toro. That thing is tough to find. Can't remember exactly, but I think only about 50 were made/signed.

Then they cancel the orders they took. BBTS has been at SDCC for years and I'm sure they have a good idea how many of each exclusive they can get. As vendors they are on the floor each morning before any of the regular attendees so I'm sure they're pretty safe getting whatever exclusives they need.

Might be worth it for a 1/4th otherwise seems too pricey for me.

Does anyone - now that the piece was shown on Comic Con - know how tall the statue is? I heard the box is about 20" high, but that doesn't say anything about the height of Pale Man.

1/4 scale would be great, he's a tall guy/monster in the movie.

These are supposed to be roughly PF size, around 18" give or take. They have Angel of Death, Paleman, and Pan sculpted many years ago, and they're just finally getting around to releasing the Paleman now.

Here's pan by the way, they all supposed to be around the same size:

pans1.jpg

-

Last edited:
Back