Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this splicing some 4K frames together since it's a pan up shot in the movie and we never get to see it all in frame.

Ginza.jpg

If you’ve seen this movie twice then technically one does not need subtitles to watch it at home because you are already fully aware of the story beats, character arcs and emotional highs.

I actually prefer this way going forward because it will give a very clean aesthetic look to the movie where there is only Japanese dialogue with no subtitles and yet you will still know the story and that sounds like a great way to watch this.

Think about that for a second.

You really REALLY don’t need the safety net of the subtitles any longer after the second viewing with subtitles which obviously is very important to have on your first two viewings.

The important thing here is that you definitely had to have watched this movie at least once with subtitles or you’re screwed if your first viewing is without lol

Last edited:
If you’ve seen this movie twice then technically one does not need subtitles to watch it at home because you are already fully aware of the story beats, character arcs and emotional highs.

I actually prefer this way going forward because it will give a very clean aesthetic look to the movie where there is only Japanese dialogue with no subtitles and yet you will still know the story and that sounds like a great way to watch this.

Think about that for a second.

You really REALLY don’t need the safety net of the subtitles any longer after the second viewing with subtitles which obviously is very important to have on your first two viewings.

The important thing here is that you definitely had to have watched this movie at least once with subtitles or you’re screwed if your first viewing is without lol
I just want a sweet disc set with all the options. Subtitles, no subtitles, color, minus color. I do like the idea of watching again after a couple of viewings without the subtitles. I've still just seen it the one time in the theater so I'm itching to see it again.

I just want a sweet disc set with all the options. Subtitles, no subtitles, color, minus color. I do like the idea of watching again after a couple of viewings without the subtitles. I've still just seen it the one time in the theater so I'm itching to see it again.
The only reason I did not buy that glorious Japanese set was because Minus Color was not in 4K not because the lack of English subtitles.

I am being serious when I say that I do not need subtitles to enjoy this movie the visual language wil be enough for me going forward.

The only reason I did not buy that glorious Japanese set was because Minus Color was not in 4K not because the lack of English subtitles.

I am being serious when I say that I do not need subtitles to enjoy this movie the visual language wil be enough for me going forward.
Just bundle the Japanese set with this and you'll be all set lol...

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 15-34-29 Pimsleur Japanese Conversational Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-...png

That Japanese box set is so insanely gorgeous that I’m seriously considering buying it just to throw in the American 4K later on.

Remember that the Japanese release 4K has no subtitles and the black-and-white version is only HD not 4K.

But that box set is so freaking insane.
I bought it :)

I prefer the color

And it’s 4k Dolby Vision is beautiful.

I’ll buy the American version whenever that comes out and replace the color version regular blu ray.

Like you I thought the box set was great looking. Had to get it.

Back