Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic of Drax has so got me hyped for this film. I think I'm looking forward to this more than I was Avengers.

I don't know how I feel about EW's SDCC article calling it "a hilariously eccentric mash-up of Spaceballs and The Dirty Dozen"... also, while I like her work, Zoe Saldana is quickly becoming over-saturated in this genre. I can't wait to see some footage of Chris Pratt-- great casting.

While I do agree that Saldana is becoming a bit over-used, there really isn't a stable of actresses that are proven that can pull off these types of characters. I'd rather they go for someone proven that can handle the roll, then bring in an unknown and have it misfire in this particular instance.

This could be the best movie in the MCU yet imo, if they do what i'm thinking and set Thanos up in this with him getting the Infinity Gauntlet and becoming a God...but they need to fit a victory in for the GOTG team at the end so not sure who their gonna defeat in Thanos does appear and get the Gauntlet.

I just can;t wait to see him on the big screen! I hope Hot Toys makes a figure of him if he does instead of waiting until Avengers 3.

EricVespe: Feige saying Guardians of the Galaxy reminds him of 2006 when they got to surprise everybody with Iron Man

devincf: D23 crowd pops for Rocket Raccoon in GUARDIANS Comic Con footage. I get chills from this stuff.

EricVespe: God, seeing Rocket Raccoon firing a machine gun while sitting on Groot's shoulder will never cease to make me smile.

This could be a gargantuan new Marvel hit or it will do poorly at the box office no matter how good it is

Heh, reminds me of when I first heard that the Avengers movie was happening. . .I was ultimately disappointed.

Q49APa7.jpg

I loved that movie- it was silly fun like the series- I thought Uma was a great Mrs Peel......

Any comic readers got any recommendations for Graphic novels featuring the Guardians??

I've read Secret Wars, Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos, Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet. I have Age of Ultron on pre-order as i stick to graphic novels instead of comics, also will pick up GOTG:cosmic avengers & Thanos Rising novels when their out.

Annihilation books 1-3 introduce the new team.

From there there are a few GOTG run of books starting eith Volume 1 "Legacy". They are excellent and the universal acclaim is probably the reason the movie is being made

1150839_699837370032838_1094964973_n.jpg

Glenn Close's Nova Prime with a Nova Corpsman on the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY set.

And Groot only has one phrase, i think it's a good fit for the character, much better than the Vision, Thanos & Ultron rumors

Nah, it's the movies, not the comics.

Vin/Groot will be singing by the time the script is complete. :rotfl

Haven't you heard about the Mandarin. :lol

Back