HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be exteremely odd on this show for a strong-willed, powerful character like Ellaria Sand to break down in tears like she did, humbled in front of Doctor Bashir and others, without there being some repercussions. I don't suspect her oath of fealty is meant to be remotely genuine, and she and her daughters (I think they are her daughters? :lol ) are going to attempt to usurp Bashir, and/or kill Jaimie's kids/Jaimie himself/Cersei. That story ain't over.

So did Jorah pass on that rock skin disease to the Queen? Hope The Mother of Dragons has immunity to fire and communicable diseases.
Like I said Stannis still may win the battle for Winterfell but Brienne is going to ruin his victory lap.
Or....Stannis is about to win and Big B hears he's in the neighborhood and gives Stannis winnicus interuptus, leaving Snow to finish the job.
I mean it's coming down Main St.

Last edited:
I don't think they've ever crammed in heart wrenching and complete awe in one episode like that before. For me the Shireen sequence was the most heart wrenching thing they've ever done on this show. Especially being a father. I have a little girl. Man, that was brutal. And of course the end with Drogon. We finally see Dany doing the Targaryen thing. Lots of great stuff in this episode.

That's what makes this series great art. It's called catharsis. That's what the ancient Greeks did with their theatre. And a guy by the name of William Shakespeare. And everybody since has been chasing them, trying to duplicate what they did; sometimes successful, sometimes not.

With all we know about magic and sorcery having gone out of the world of Westeros, I take from the promo for the final episode of this season
Spoiler Spoiler:
If so, holy ****.

All I know for sure is Melisandra may be a complete *****, but she's not a liar. She gave birth to that shadow demon thing, so something may very well come of what Stannis did. Not that'd it matter at this point since we all want him dead. But I'd call the finale overwhelmingly satisfying if he and Bolton just killed one another and keeled over.

Crazy episode, the Shireen part was horrible, worst of the entire show for me. Was hoping Davos would come save her.

All I know for sure is Melisandra may be a complete *****, but she's not a liar. She gave birth to that shadow demon thing, so something may very well come of what Stannis did.

Yes, but still...seeing her unaltered face expression while sacrificing the princess really bothered me. She was just making another ritual and it didn't mean a damn to Melissandre to burn her own princess, even the soldiers who are mostly sellswords freezing to death were more shocked than Mel or Stannis about what they were witnessing, the scene wouldn't leave my mind even when Drogon appeared later... :(

Damn it! This is such a great show but it sure knows how to break our hearts and stomp on the little pieces...:lol

Haha, yes it does. They did a great job of making Stannis look haggard, I thought. He looked quite transformed from how he appeared at Castle Black (thought the actor might've lost some weight, but probably my eyes are being deceived).

Shireen's death was pretty horrible (I was also surprised that it was her mother that broke down) but I'm glad story-wise Martin/the writers had the courage to go through with it. Easiest thing to do would be to threaten it and then have Davos or someone save her. It'll be interesting to see how it 'pays off' for Stannis, next episode.

How to follow a king like that? That dude's Hand certainly can't tolerate that and neither would Jon Snow.

Stannis and both Rooses need to be done in. Brienne, looking your direction.

The Dragon showing up was awesome.

1218802_orig.gif

the scene wouldn't leave my mind even when Drogon appeared later... :(
Same here. I kept thinking about that episode until I fell asleep, and the main thing I was thinking about was the scene with Stannis's daughter. THE WORST!

Haha, yes it does. They did a great job of making Stannis look haggard, I thought. He looked quite transformed from how he appeared at Castle Black (thought the actor might've lost some weight, but probably my eyes are being deceived).
He also appeared that way to me.

Shireen's death was pretty horrible (I was also surprised that it was her mother that broke down) but I'm glad story-wise Martin/the writers had the courage to go through with it. Easiest thing to do would be to threaten it and then have Davos or someone save her. It'll be interesting to see how it 'pays off' for Stannis, next episode.
Yeah, I'm reminded of the end to the movie the Mist. Doing gruesome and terrible things isn't a big deal in horror movies or something like GOT, but when it's an innocent child, one you've come to like and root for no less. . .damn. Stannis's daughter was probably the kindest, most likable, and most pitiable character in the entire show. Even with Sansa, you've got a girl who lived like a princess for most of her life, and had a happy childhood. Stannis's girl essentially lived in a jail cell, with her only real friend being Davos. And she dies while crying out for her parents, who are just there watching most of the time. ****ing tragic!

Yeah, I'm reminded of the end to the movie the Mist. Doing gruesome and terrible things isn't a big deal in horror movies or something like GOT, but when it's an innocent child, one you've come to like and root for no less. . .damn. Stannis's daughter was probably the kindest, most likable, and most pitiable character in the entire show. Even with Sansa, you've got a girl who lived like a princess for most of her life, and had a happy childhood. Stannis's girl essentially lived in a jail cell, with her only real friend being Davos. And she dies while crying out for her parents, who are just there watching most of the time. ****ing tragic!

That was terrible! I totally forgot about that movie, I remember seeing that on a first date with a girl and that was a very somber ending. "Well....so wanna make out now?"

That was terrible! I totally forgot about that movie, I remember seeing that on a first date with a girl and that was a very somber ending. "Well....so wanna make out now?"

And it turned out the religious nut was right. As soon the boy died, the Mist lifted......

“Because you did not belong across the world with the bloody stone-men,” he told her at the time. “You are the princess Shireen of the House Baratheon and you are my daughter.”
She repeated those words back to him in last nights episode, after Stannis sent Davos Seaworth away so that he would not intervene. And then Stannis Baratheon, the man who would be king, burned his own daughter at the stake to give Melisandre the magic she needs to break through the snow and ice.
Milisandre will melt the ice but what lie will will be told to Davos who loved Shireen as his own,about her death.Davos would have never let it happen.And would have given his life to prevent it.
Hopefully the season finally will be as good as the last two episodes.

I read an interview with the actor playing Davos in the New York Times, and apparently
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree that he would have died trying to protect her, had he stuck around.

I like that it was the mother that broke down - a woman who showed no lover for her daughter at any time, no empathy, no concern. The woman that brought Melissandre to Stannis in the first place, and believes in her religion fanatically. And yet, what they were doing was such a horrendous act, so inhuman, that she was the one to try to stop it. Having that happen made Stannis seem all the more cruel and evil for his actions.

Back