Hey Gi Joe fans want to do some trading

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nam, Allow me...

256qubn.png

--
No. The worst that could have happened . . . you could have gotten "NAM'ed". It's a rite of passage for some folks within the forum.
:lecture this. NAM is like the uncle at a party who always says what is on his mind and doesn't give a :censored what anyone thinks. I think NAM's fear is that scalpers will begin "spamming" in threads and end up derailing the entire thread.

I understand where NAM is coming from because I have seen what can happen when people start selling in Hot Toys or Sideshow threads, but the "avoiding eBay fees" argument seems silly to me on $8 action figures because eBay fees on a Joe are what, .75 cents? I simply don't know enough about GI Joes to know if flipping is a widespread problem.

Personally, I think it is a great idea to have an action figure trade thread for Joes, Marvel Universe, etc. since the board members who collect these are far fewer than HT or Sideshow and can watch shelves for each other. I know there were people who traded with each other in the Marvel Universe thread or would post what they were looking for; most would trade with each other at retail. I picked up figures for Nick multiple times for cost and was able to trade to get my kid some figures that he really wanted.

Personally, I think it is a great idea to have an action figure trade thread for Joes, Marvel Universe, etc.

I agree, but it would need to be in the commerce section as the parties would need to meet the forum commerce requirements.

You going to send your Viper to someone with 10 posts? :lol

I agree, but it would need to be in the commerce section as the parties would need to meet the forum commerce requirements.

You going to send your Viper to someone with 10 posts? :lol

Hell, people send figures to members with zero feedback, zero posts who only contact via PM. :cuckoo: :lol

LOL I have been NAM'ed thanks guys :1-1:

the Crimson Guard Might have a new home :clap
Talking to a member about it now that DinoD told me to PM
Not Collecting Joe i wanted to make sure this figure would make it to a Joe collector that will treat him good it is a Limited piece so in my Mind only a true Joe collector should get him

I agree, but it would need to be in the commerce section as the parties would need to meet the forum commerce requirements. You going to send your Viper to someone with 10 posts? :lol
I never thought of that and I agree more expensive items need to have their own For Sale thread in the commerce section; I thought the member who started this thread was trying to trade the little action figures. :pow

Hell, people send figures to members with zero feedback, zero posts who only contact via PM. :cuckoo: :lol
My coworker's cousin's friend in the Ukraine has a Doom EX MISB for $700 shipped, he only takes payment via Paypal gift or Western Union though. Let me know if you are still interested.

scam-artist.jpg

Last edited:
Back