HMTOYS NOF006 1/6 Vampire (The Master from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there are so many better alternate looks we could have gotten besides those awful vampire versions of every character.
Are you saying you don’t have a thing for vampire Willow?!
1716150201770.gif

…or regular Willow cosplaying as Vamp Willow.

I love when that horny sadist shows up.

It would almost be easier for me to list the characters I wouldn’t buy- since I’d want as much Buffy goodness as possible.

The real question is which outfit/season would be the definitive choice for each member of the scooby gang…

Sideshow did a pretty good job with their selections.

Spike is the easiest.
View attachment 703216
That’s just has signature look, and I prefer it over all black.

Buffy has so many to choose from but graduation day is like a real action hero outfit
View attachment 703217

And this scene is simply burned into my soul. Every time I see this image, I get a swell of emotion.
View attachment 703218

I want this exact slo-moment on my shelf.

Honestly if I had a bit more in the bank I'd buy them all - might pick one or two up in a few years.
Buffy was my childhood tv show, I remember watching it when i was 5 years old on a VHS and I can still quote nearly every line from the show.

This is their Creeper. Also a recast of Majestic Studios with hodge podge of not so well done accessories except maybe for the ax
IMG_2371.jpeg

And basing on the Creeper I would not recommend buying this Master, just get the Sideshow one if you can

Oh ****, i think the Becoming Buffy is the best one out of that bunch.

I like the figures made by Aprilfoolcustoms but I would want a more realistic one in my collection. The faces are a little bit cartoony.
It's so weird that no third party has made a Buffy. When I browse onesixthkit, I find the most random characters getting a figure but not our icon.

It would be great if Inart had the licence

I like the figures made by Aprilfoolcustoms but I would want a more realistic one in my collection. The faces are a little bit cartoony.
It's so weird that no third party has made a Buffy. When I browse onesixthkit, I find the most random characters getting a figure but not our icon.

It would be great if Inart had the licence
Same - I too would prefer a realistic life-like look instead of a stylized look, but the know the line about beggars and choosers...

Sadly I doubt Inart will ever get the rights, from what I can tell their movie figures so far are all from WB and Buffy is now owned by Disney, so unless they start building some bridges with the Mouse....
And as soon as they do they will likely do Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean and the classic Disney+Lucasfilm franchises before going into the bigger sub-division Fox franchises like Die Hard, Alien, Predator.... etc etc..... so honestly, I dont have much hope for official figures from a 21 year old TV show famously created by a now problematic Joss Whedon.
Its not impossible, but its close to it - in our lifetime at least.
Third party and customs are the only real hope, and in terms of the former this ****** Master figure is the only move on that front in decades. :cry:
Short of campaigning to the likes of Mars Toys, who can add it to their neverending stock of "coming soon", I dont think its likely but I've been wrong before

[ @Kit Chen - hey Kit, I've heard it on the grapevine your tight with the folks at Mars - think you could persuade them to start a line of Buffy figures? :ROFLMAO: ]

I'd always be in to join a Buffy custom run though if anyone ever wanted to organise one! 😅 :ROFLMAO:

I'd always be in to join a Buffy custom run though if anyone ever wanted to organise one! 😅 :ROFLMAO:
I've started getting a bit more involved over at Custom One Sixth but have none of the requisite knowledge or contacts (or desire to burden myself with that responsibility) to organise a project.
I don't think it would be difficult to get at least 20 people to sign up, especially if you were to alert the facebook fans.

The aforementioned Buffy outfits are all relatively simple; the body could just be a jiaoa doll or similar, so, as always, it all comes down to getting a quality headsculpt.
DST (Dean Tolliver) is very affordable and offers a good range of options- bald to be rooted, sculped hair, with neck, no neck- could maybe even do a variety of sculpted hairstyles, he's easier to communicate with than Chinese artists, and sculpt could be made readily available, indefinitely through his store...
Food for thought.

I'd probably paint my own sculp given the option so an unpainted version would be enough for me.

[ @Kit Chen - hey Kit, I've heard it on the grapevine your tight with the folks at Mars - think you could persuade them to start a line of Buffy figures? :ROFLMAO: ]

Mars ask me to guarantee sales of 1000 units each, worth to try?

The old Sideshow Master - which incidentally was the first 1/6 figure I ever bought back when I was just starting High School - looks miles better, how on earth did they somehow take a decades old sculpt and apply worse paint app and tailoring

Pity because I would go insane for a decent quality buffy line
- Actually there is a question for you fellow Buffy fans, which characters would be on your must buy list [if done well]
Considering this thread is unlikely to be filled with joyous comments on this figure we may as well use the space to have a fun conversation! :ROFLMAO:
The characters I'd most want figures of would be Angel and Spike. They were my favorite characters in general, and I preferred Angel the show to Buffy the show. Plus, they are vampires so they would have alternate vampire heads. I'd want Buffy but she'd probably just end up looking like a cheap Barbie doll unless she was made by Hot Toys or InArt or something.

Back when I was a teenager I actually had the 1/6 scale sideshow collectibles vampire Spike figure. The sculpt was actually really good, although his coat degraded over the years and I battered him about like a cheap action figure, so he's not In a good state today. He's actually in a tree on my back garden with some spiders living on him

Back