Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Agreed with folks saying the die cast is an unnecessary addition to the cost, and the sound effects actually bring the whole product down in my eyes. That kind of cheap gimmickry is suited to mass retail Hasbro or NECA figures, not high end collectibles. What's next, "action punch" features? Aliens that squirt water out of their mouths? Spring loaded rocket launchers? I guess we should have seen this coming with the translucent plastic and light up stuff though.

Don't buy it !

The stand kind of makes sense for the character, but I like to use the uniform, standard HT stand for almost all my figures. I wish they included one of those with DX figures and things like this.

The stand kind of makes sense for the character, but I like to use the uniform, standard HT stand for almost all my figures. I wish they included one of those with DX figures and things like this.
Yeah, I dig the simple elegance of the standard HT stands too.

The DX stands are cool - sure, but if you've got limited space, they're a little impractical.

Absolutely lost my shiz this mornin when I saw this for the first time!

It's so flippen cool.
Though I would've liked an unmasked head.

ED209 todays also! Tis a great day for Ireland!

Looks great. Agreed with folks saying the die cast is an unnecessary addition to the cost, and the sound effects actually bring the whole product down in my eyes. That kind of cheap gimmickry is suited to mass retail Hasbro or NECA figures, not high end collectibles. What's next, "action punch" features? Aliens that squirt water out of their mouths? Spring loaded rocket launchers? I guess we should have seen this coming with the translucent plastic and light up stuff though.

Can we add to that list a possible DX Christopher Reeve Superman with "large S-shield cellophane wrap weapon"?

But yeah, I get your point. This looks amazing, but could have been about $80 cheaper without die-cast and sounds. Problem is, those are unnecessary yet costly things that I might swallow.

This is their best-looking figure since '89 Keaton Batman. When I first pulled up Hot Toys page I thought I was looking at a movie still. He's really good.

I figured they'd go diecast with him after the iron men did and we hadn't heard anything on this figure in so long. My biggest fear with robocop was that he'd have that frail, hollow feeling of the older iron man figures, so I for one welcome die cast.

I'm surprised they didn't give us an unmasked head sculpt, and that they're making the chair optional. Based on shelf space and cost, I'll likely get the version sans chair.

This is their best-looking figure since '89 Keaton Batman. When I first pulled up Hot Toys page I thought I was looking at a movie still. He's really good.

My thoughts exactly. This is bound to bring in new collectors just like the DX09 or the Reeve Superman did.

I figured they'd go diecast with him after the iron men did and we hadn't heard anything on this figure in so long. My biggest fear with robocop was that he'd have that frail, hollow feeling of the older iron man figures, so I for one welcome die cast.
See.. to me, it makes more sense going die-cast with the Iron Man stuff because of all those little fiddly fragile pieces on them.

Murphy - on the other hand, isn't constructed that way, so I'd have been happy if they'd not bothered with it at all.

Back