Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you can buy 1/6 guitar stands. I think there is (was?) a guy here on Freaks who made custom guitars/stands.
Hopefully someone knows who it is/was and will chime in...

It's a little wooden easel that came from an art supplies store.

Ok thanks. I use those for my Jason masks. I didn't know they made them that small.

I made a sheet of printable props scaled to work with Hot Toys Marty. Grab it here: 1/6 BTTF Props » Cubeecraft - Free Papercraft Toys

ALWu8ID.jpg

Includes: Sports almanac, photo with siblings, flux capacitor sketch, letter to doc and envelope, recovered letter to doc, clock tower flyers, tales from space comic book, wedding photo, fantastic story magazine, "You're fired" fax and clean fax page, Biff buck, Biff pleasure palace matchbook, biff auto repair matchbook, letter from doc, photo of doc, USA Today "youth jailed", USA today "gang jailed", almanac receipt, a match made in space book cover, emmet brown grave photo, no name grave photo.

My status is now "shipping soon"!

I also ordered the decals as well. I remember reading a ways back about what you use to apply the decals and seal over them to make them look great. Anyone have a link for that?

Damn, already paid for 1/6 paper items on eBay. Hope they're good enough quality to make it worth it.

They should have done a tiny wallet with license and photo in it to put in Marty's pocket.

My status is now "shipping soon"!

I also ordered the decals as well. I remember reading a ways back about what you use to apply the decals and seal over them to make them look great. Anyone have a link for that?

Damn, already paid for 1/6 paper items on eBay. Hope they're good enough quality to make it worth it.

They should have done a tiny wallet with license and photo in it to put in Marty's pocket.

Go to your local hobby shop or search online for Microsol and Microset. While there pick up some Testors dullcoate.

Apply a coat of Microsol to the surface of wherever you'll be applying the decal, let it dry, cut your decal to size (1 at a time so you don't lose them), dunk in warm water for a few second, apply in desired location, let dry, apply a coat of Microset.

I'd recommend letting things fully dry half a day and then brush on a coat or 2 of dullcoate. I bought aerosol because I couldn't find a brush on. I sprayed a bit in a glass dish and brushed it on anyway.

Go to your local hobby shop or search online for Microsol and Microset. While there pick up some Testors dullcoate.

Apply a coat of Microsol to the surface of wherever you'll be applying the decal, let it dry, cut your decal to size (1 at a time so you don't lose them), dunk in warm water for a few second, apply in desired location, let dry, apply a coat of Microset.

I'd recommend letting things fully dry half a day and then brush on a coat or 2 of dullcoate. I bought aerosol because I couldn't find a brush on. I sprayed a bit in a glass dish and brushed it on anyway.

Thanks!! Hope I don't mess it up.

Great instructions. Thank you. :duff

Anyone else who applied decals chime in... I'm an amateur. This was my first time. The concept and act if doing it kind of intimidated me because I've never done any before despite my customizing and modeling background.

That being said it turned out to be very simple. Patience and a set or 2 of tweasers will be your best friends

So i woke up today and found a Major glitch in the TIMELINE it's about get very Heavy. Arnold need's to go back to 1955 :horror :lol

I got my set the other day. They're really nice. I haven't applied them yet, but I've got a little experience with water slide decals. I'll try to get them on and take some pics. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh I should be getting my Marty tomorrow. I can't wait to get him.

Expect loads of pictures from me soon! Haha! Exciting times! [emoji16]

Loving my Marty just unboxed him , I think the likeness is dead on . I snapped a shot messing around with the box art. The Huey Lewis Music keeps going through my head so much that I put on his guitar first . More photo's to come this week !

URL=https://s655.photobucket.com/user/onesixthshooter/media/DSCN0886.jpg.html]
DSCN0886.jpg
[/URL]

There seems to be a lot of people selling this figure after just getting him this past week...in facebook groups and online...any reason?

Now on the ridiculous side...there is a seller in locally online that has the regular edition for sale, which sideshow still has in stock and works with $20 off code, not the exclusive...which is waitlisted but still converting from Sideshow for $550 CDN !!!! :rotfl

Back