Hot Toys Alien Warrior - What a piece of junk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've only heard of issues with the Aliens variant, unless others can advise otherwise. I'd buy one of the others, but I'm afraid I only really like the designs from the first two films.

I'm still hopeful they'll nail the Giger original. I'm also wondering how the rubber on my Medicom Alien will be in a year's time. That said, it's not really the rubber that's the problem, it's the paint - and there's none on the Medi! Perhaps that's why it has such simple paint apps?

Im going to buy an Aliens Alien Warrior but i dont know which version is the original
Brown or Black ?

both are in excellent condition.

The bluish black one is the one I've got, and it was the first release.

It was in excellent condition too - when I first opened the box a year ago...

This is one of the cases that even a re-issue wouldn't be enough.
IMO Hot Toys should incur the losses and have a recall on all of these and replace them with ones made of stronger materials.

Then, and only then, could this figure be fully excused.
Mine isn't as bad off as yours is, but I fear it will be in the coming years.

Wow man that really sucks, I haven't had any problems with mine yet...

Anyone know if the HT Predalien has the same paint problems?

Horrifying photos for sure.
It's funny though, I was talking to Les just the other day about how we would like NECA to make their figures in 1/6 scale because (as Les put it) HT's would eventually rot away...

I've had some breakage issues with mine (got replacements from HT) and some paint flaking, but nothing as grievous as yours DSD.

I agree abake.
This is one of those times where ugly joints would have been preferred.

That sucks DSD, and I can totally relate. I havent had the issues with the paint like yours but posing mine is pretty much useless.....his arms just sit limp next to his body and the sockets are super freakin loose, his feet barely stay on.....I have to pretty much prop him up by his tail, otherwise he'd just crumple over onto himself.

yeah, as much as I love Aliens, 150 dollars seemed like too much to spend on an action figure. I feel I was right.

I've been relatively lucky with mine (so far). Both ankle joints went one of which was broken straight out of the box and are now superglued in place. Paint came off a little in the ribs but thats all (again, so far...) :google

I have them all except for this version. I almost bought one when I first got into the line but quickly heard all about what a piece it was. I don't miss it one bit. :lol

I got mine on the cheap and so far it's okay.

Now since I've said that the bastard will probably blow up! :lol

I just want the head/neck of the last HT Alien figure (dog alien). I want to use it as part of a Predator display.

I'd skin the figure, use the rubber, paint "acid blood", and put that in a Predator base. :)

yikes! sorry to hear about the problems u guys have with the ht alien.

i almost bought one at retail last year, but resisted cos i felt it was overpriced. now i'm glad i didn't.

but this makes me worried abt my nostromo officer kane figure. he's also clad in a painted rubber suit. i'd been posing him in a kneeling position for a few months, then recently changed him to a standing pose. when i straightened his knees, the parts between the calf and underneath the thigh had stuck together. i peeled the stuck areas apart and luckily there was no damage.

looking at the alien pics here, i wonder if kane's paint will eventually start peeling off by itself too. :(

You cannot keep anything rubber stretched past it's molded position without putting stress on it.

This stress will eventually lead to failure of the rubber at it's weakest point.

That's why any of the HT Alien jaw tendons will eventually break because the mouth is left open. And why your Kane's knee will break because you keep it bent.

Add to that drying of the rubber, even if kept in a cool, dark environment.

Rubber coverings on these figures is such a waste.
They should be made of plastic, like the Preds.

that's a nightmare to experience. For the cost, you would think HT will provide the best quality and lasting rubber for their fig. Now I wonder if the muscular bodies that comes with Billy Sole and Dutch will withstand the test of time

HT USCM Drake. It has the soft, rubbery skin, and it has been around for awhile. Has anyone removed his clothes to check his, hmmm, ugh, status?

Back