Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will wait till I have this in hand before jumping ship. Can always sell it if not satisfied. Did no one learn anything from the Milla photos?:cuckoo:

Will wait till I have this in hand before jumping ship. Can always sell it if not satisfied. Did no one learn anything from the Milla photos?:cuckoo:

exactly! there's always someone looking for a HT BB figure here or on ebay. you really can't lose IMO

We saw OMGs pics ... The same problem with the suit shows there :dunno

I'm still getting at least one of these though, and ill take all manner of comparison pics with my 08 version

thats cool, totally understand your feelings. But as others and myself have pointed out, I really havent seen any solid photos or poses by any of the fans who have these yet. There is that one review every knows where everything was a sloppy mess. He could of used the OC Batman and would of looked just as horrible probably. Im sure when someone starts to take really nice photos with these people will be back to liking it more again.

right on, then when excellent photos start coming in people will regret canceling this bad boy:(

There is definitely something wrong with the body which is why I bought a spare 08 release body. I will decide which one I like better and sell the other with the Bruce wayne head attached.

Beg to differ. I don't see anything different in the douchery of OCD _____ing about screen accurate socks and the incessant OCD _____ing about Stormtrooper teeth and Indy's jacket's zipper teeth. :monkey1 :lol

True, the over-ANALysis is everywhere. Predator/Alien diehards can be bad at times, too. But don't forget about the added incessant Nolan worship & Ledger licking here. That's what truly sets this crowd apart. :lol

I am happy with my 08 OC Batman. If others are happy with the new relaease then that is good for them. To each their own.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really like the matted, textured look of the new suit. It just seems to have a more realistic vibe, compared to the shiny suit of the 2008 release.

If any of the suits are more accurate it would be the 08 one as foam latex has a little shine to it opposed to a matte finish which would be compared to urethane.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really like the matted, textured look of the new suit. It just seems to have a more realistic vibe, compared to the shiny suit of the 2008 release.

Agreed. In a way both suits have a little screen realism to them, ones too shiny and the other too matted. The film accurate suit would have been right in between. Looking closer at wooksters side-by-side shot I actually think the 08 looks more toyish and tiny in size. Do people also forget when the 08 version came out everyone was adding padding to his chest?

If any of the suits are more accurate it would be the 08 one as foam latex has a little shine to it opposed to a matte finish which would be compared to urethane.

Wait, wasn't the Batsuit from Batman Begins made out of kevlar, and spray painted black? :dunno

(of course, the actual movie suit wasn't kevlar)

it almost looks like the new bruce wayne head was placed on the OC Batman. i've seen some OC batman figures turn into that matte finish. i don't remember the comic-con display for the new bruce wayne having such a matte finish.

wookster, is there any chance that the heads got swapped while you were taking photos for your review?

the foam latex used for the film was painted. You are right that foam latex is matte but it was painted for the film and resembles the 08 version more.

Im kind of dissapointed of how the suit looks, but hey i can live with it. The begins suit is my favourite look so i cant wait!

Heres a quick video i found of the new begins figure next to the dx02. In this video the suit doesnt look bad at all.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUM6IhM1smo"]Hot Toys Batman - YouTube[/ame]

Yes thats what i was telling people before, they shined it up for effect on screen in a lot of instances. Sometimes they shined the Bat symbol more so it stood out more than the rest of the suit.

you got it bud, but I really dislike hot toys new attempt. Oh well I guess I will be switching bodies

Agreed. In a way both suits have a little screen realism to them, ones too shiny and the other too matted. The film accurate suit would have been right in between. Looking closer at wooksters side-by-side shot I actually think the 08 looks more toyish and tiny in size. Do people also forget when the 08 version came out everyone was adding padding to his chest?

That's a pretty good assessment. The suits on both figures have their own advantages, but neither of them are 100% accurate to look of the movie suit.

But, if I may ask, why were people were stuffing their 08 figures with padding? :horror Was there a lot of empty space between the suit and the true-type body?

Back