Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of the first who paid for a painted one, but we all know the story. Still have trust I will get it before Christmas :)

Yeah, I paid in February....Waiting is always part of the custom experience, I'm just anxious to finally have this piece to finish off my Begins Batman. Hope you are right about Christmas...

This is my modded Batman Begins. It's basically done, but still might
tweak one or two things.
I have both, Ben Choi's and CREG's, custom cowls and I'm impressed with each.
Pictured is Ben's cowl on the Batman.

23003787535_ea42ee3f65_o.jpg
22585460968_41757afbbf_o.jpg
22990341852_c8d3267cb5_o.jpg
23003825745_384d435029_o.jpg
23014899171_3775293895_o.jpg
22381015444_fe4a2e3a0d_o.jpg
22977764166_02c8bb8707_o.jpg

Mods include:
  • Ben Choi's great cowl
  • mms13 upper body, mms67 lower body
  • filled out the chest and abs area a bit with thin layer of padding
  • takara gauntlets and cape
  • armory belt, shortened for a more snug fit
  • medicom original suit boots

You don't get much more accurate than Deans. It's a 3D scan of it.

I would like an angry faceplate and mouth open one though

I would like an angry faceplate and mouth open one though

He was planning to make three expressions, and he is still considering providing two or three more for his cowl (as a separate project run), which is made with a possibility to exchange faceplates (because that was the original plan).

He was planning to make three expressions, and he is still considering providing two or three more for his cowl (as a separate project run), which is made with a possibility to exchange faceplates (because that was the original plan).

I was forgetting about this. Definitely want at least one more faceplate. That would be sweet.
Though, knowing his usual timetable, and with his other projects he's working on, it might be awhile.

CREG's sculpt is a very striking, very unique looking cowl.
Tremendous work on his part. I think most agree. I've only seen a couple people nitpick with it.
Hopefully things are progressing smoothly with his new painter.

I got my Ben Choi cowl in yesterday and I absolutely love it! It amazes me how much a proper headsculpt changes this figure! Here's some quick shots I took with my phone:

Just got Ben Choi HS as well :) very nice HS with some interesting design like the PERS system. I will also be getting Dean HS once he ship those out so definitely gonna do some comparison.

IMG_6172.JPG
IMG_6175.JPG
IMG_6176.JPG

Hi!

I wanna upgrade my Bruce Wayne proto suit figure with custom Christian Bale's head from onesixthkit. Problem is that it looks like that:

IMG_8565(1).JPG

while the original head has neck and head apart:

s-l300.jpg

Maybe someone have similar head to that custom (head with neck) and take a picture how does it look on the actual MMS155 body?

If it doesn't look stupid, too short or maybe joint is visible or something.

Thanks guys.

Hi!

I wanna upgrade my Bruce Wayne proto suit figure with custom Christian Bale's head from onesixthkit. Problem is that it looks like that:

View attachment 264835

s-l300.jpg

Maybe someone have similar head to that custom (head with neck) and take a picture how does it look on the actual MMS155 body?

Thanks guys.

The DX12 didn't have a seperate neck and head and it looks awesome.

Hi All - decided to chase down a batman begins version for my batman collection. I was way late to this party but some secondary market options are presenting themselves. I'm partial to this set for the gear and variability of the setups - any significant downside aside from aftermarket prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

View attachment 264835

s-l300.jpg

Thanks guys.

I too plan on doing this but having it put on the TDK suit. At the moment I have the BB Toy Fair head.

DSC00058.jpg

Just repainted Creg head sculpture

I have to say this is a necessary step

2778524da217b8abe32c744742d646eb.jpg

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Back