Hot Toys Iron Man safe for MISB collection (battery leak)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbkhbk

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a MISB collector. Is the Iron Man line safe for my collection? I had a friend over one day, and he said the batteries in these figures are known to leak over time. At the time, I thought he was kidding since he always wanted to see the figures displayed. However, after googled this topic, there seems to be some basis in his claim.

To the follow collectors here, should I be concerned about battery leakage at all for the figures?

It's a possiblity I suppose, do you open your figures to check them out? You could just take the batteries out, place them in a small haggis and keep them in the box with the figure, then problem solved before it can begin

It's a possiblity I suppose, do you open your figures to check them out? You could just take the batteries out, place them in a small haggis and keep them in the box with the figure, then problem solved before it can begin

Why would you want to keep your stuff in a Scottish meat product?

I don't open any of my figures, hence the dilemma...

Well you're screwed than, there's nothing wrong with opening a box and removing batteries from your figure, if you think that would de value it than just wait till you sell it and it's ruined :lol it's your gamble

Do you have the IM figures already? If so, there isn't much you could do besides keep the boxes in an area with low humidity.

MISB does not really apply to HT figures... some figures like MechTest don't even have sealing tapes. With spotty QC control lately, some parts might be missing, paint causing parts to be stucked.... etc, etc.

but,

If you're really a "MISB collector", does it really matter? The LEDs are never going to be used, the batteries might not leak corrosive liquid (at least with the WM, Mk.4 & Mk.6 as the batteries have solid powdery material). There might be oxidation damage to skrews and metal battery clips, plastic should not be effected much.

The low quality batteries mentioned ^ that pops the cap..
20110420092738863.jpg

Last edited:
when they ship the figures the put little tabs between the batteries, but after a fews years they might still leak.

Opening HT does not bring down their value at all, people are fighting over these things almost within a year after release. You think someone would turned down a Mark 1 just cause it was out of the box? :panic:

Actually i think its ridiculous the way prices shoot up on these. if i miss a figure, the hell with it :pfft: theres always something new

Just found out that the batteries is sealed inside the iron man toys and because it is sealed they will never leak, so you can keep them sealed forever, but the battery will lose power eventually so if you open them ten years from now, you have to buy new batteries, but you are fine to keep the batteries in the figure forever because it is sealed, if it is opened though then it will leak.

Back