Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I've got a new neck with peg so I'm going to put the new Arnie BD head on him, 1st though I'm going to dremel the bloody eye out and put one of his eyes in
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140626379202?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ,Guess which one :wink1: Also got a selection of skin colored paints :)

If you go ahead and do this, do you think you might be able to take some progress photo's and post them as you go along. This really interests me and I am sure their are others who would find this helpful.

Good luck, I can't wait to see your completed head, should be nice.

Finally some progress, still need correct boots, ar-18, and black gloved hand(which I have but have'nt bothered to get) and I'm near completed.

t1shootout014.jpg

t1shootout012.jpg

t1shootout011.jpg

t1shootout010.jpg

t1shootout009.jpg

t1shootout008.jpg

t1shootout007.jpg

That looks awesome a-dev, congrats:hi5: Just received my gargoyles from commando, there so great!!!

Cheers. :1-1:

Yours is looking good, but definitely make sure you get the correct boots!

:horror Is it me or is the left eye lower and out of alignment with the other? :panic:

The top rim of the eye socket does line up correctly. But the endo-eye is probably too big for the HT headsculpt. Or the HT headsculpt is too small and squashed (which you by now know is my view on the matter) but I think its passable.

i see a butters quote who notices 1 mm mistakes in figures.
is it really the same butters who prefers to ignore total fails in HT endoskeletons and who couldn't distinguish T1 endoarm from T2 in spite of huge hi-res photos and tons of instructions posted? :D
truly two-faced.
28ae1375f549.jpg

But the endo-eye is probably too big for the HT headsculpt. Or the HT headsculpt is too small and squashed
the actual eye should be very small. it is almost the same diameter with the red lens, unlike the human eyeball.

4a7308ed4d96.gif

pupilsize_01.jpg

pupilsize_02.jpg

72d1ee8b5248.jpg

if i made my endoeye again, i would try to depict that.

closeup_02.jpg

however, i noticed and checked the movies only after the same butters comment :D
i guess smaller eye would be even easier to make, but he was the only to notice that in time.

Last edited:
The top rim of the eye socket does line up correctly. But the endo-eye is probably too big for the HT headsculpt. Or the HT headsculpt is too small and squashed (which you by now know is my view on the matter) but I think its passable.

But, but... how can you live with it... :gah::monkey3:lol

But, but... how can you live with it... :gah::monkey3:lol

Pretty sure if HT themselves had made the mistake you'd live with it and would call me a nitpicker for even pointing it out. :wink1:

As you say, don't knock what can't do yourself.

P. wasn't trying to make it 'better' than the existing HT sculpt. He was simply making a version of the T-800 that HT haven't made yet. I'm sure even he would acknowledge that the official HT version, if it happens, will look better.

...and that's why "modern butters" is in ignore list: he just has nothing to say anymore :D

simply making a version of the T-800 that HT haven't made yet.
yeah. first i had a spare head, then i had a thought "i'm tired of waiting, what if they release it in ten years when i don't care anymore" :D
that's my bug, i cannot wait for too long, i simply become uninterested. for example, i am not waiting anymore for any good release of my forever and ever favourite movie characters - predator 1 and 2. 15 years of searching and waiting is too much for any level of favourite.

I'm sure even he would acknowledge that the official HT version, if it happens, will look better.
actually i thought that i had already said that in this very thread :peace

Last edited:
Oh, relax... Don't take things so seriously... :slap:lol

Your intentions aren't always clear man, especially with your use and choice of smilies.

yeah. first i had a spare head, then i had a thought "i'm tired of waiting, what if they release it in ten years when i don't care anymore" :D
that's my bug, i cannot wait for too long, i simply become uninterested. for example, i am not waiting anymore for any good release of my forever and ever favourite movie characters - predator 1 and 2. 15 years of searching and waiting is too much for any level of favourite.

actually i thought that i had already said that in this very thread :peace

Well I wouldn't have thought we'd still be waiting. They gave us a good run of figures back in 09/10 or was it 10/11 and then just stopped. After Tech Noir T-800 was shown I assumed Reese was only around the corner. But anyway yeah, I wanted to keep my Terminator fix going and so also set about buying and making customs even with the knowledge that HT will probably (? :impatient: ? ) make them in the end.

Last edited:
Back