Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share the progress on my Parker kitbash. Still waiting on the headsculpt, jacket, hoodie, and shoes.:impatient:
andrew001_zps2e981b0a.jpg

andrew002_zps1536039a.jpg

:horror that looks great! Where did you get those glasses! :clap

for the guys who have followed my contact with hot toys over this figure , just to let you know that after they inspected the figure they sent me an email which is now posted on my facebook page

Man I really wanted this figure, but planning to cancel my pre-order. Crappy body sewn into the suit, that pretty much decided it for me. I'll wait til December to decide for sure, but from everything I'm seeing and hearing from people who have it, sounds like a mess, and I've learned my lesson not to trust Hot Toys - if enough people are complaining then it's a legitimate problem... and lets face it, enough people are complaining.

Yes, maybe never posing it, the thing will last and not break... but lets face it, a dud is a dud, and I'm not rewarding a company for making a dud by buying it.

If Hot Toys fixes the shoulder mess on a new batch, I'll be first in line to get it, if not I'm tired of paying a few hundred dollars for a POS that breaks or peels or leaks or does any other number of nasty things within the first year of owning it and handling carefully if rarely, and I'm not doing that any more.

I certainly haven't read every post or been keeping tabs, but it seems like since te first few ppl complained, and complained VERY loudly, the last week has been mostly praise and people enjoying the figure. In my head te ratio of happy to unhappy is like 3:1

for the guys who have followed my contact with hot toys over this figure , just to let you know that after they inspected the figure they sent me an email which is now posted on my facebook page

Nice! I'm going to reference their response to you, in my request for a new one
Don't expect to get one, but its worth a shot

Also, I would suggest that when u get the new one, u use the two handed approach to move the arms, referenced in here and in banditos tutorial thread

Man I really wanted this figure, but planning to cancel my pre-order. Crappy body sewn into the suit, that pretty much decided it for me. I'll wait til December to decide for sure, but from everything I'm seeing and hearing from people who have it, sounds like a mess, and I've learned my lesson not to trust Hot Toys - if enough people are complaining then it's a legitimate problem... and lets face it, enough people are complaining.

Yes, maybe never posing it, the thing will last and not break... but lets face it, a dud is a dud, and I'm not rewarding a company for making a dud by buying it.

If Hot Toys fixes the shoulder mess on a new batch, I'll be first in line to get it, if not I'm tired of paying a few hundred dollars for a POS that breaks or peels or leaks or does any other number of nasty things within the first year of owning it and handling carefully if rarely, and I'm not doing that any more.

Common sense in this thread?

Rare to see it. I had given up hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading this thread again, rory was spot on in the following pics
The housing of the shoulder joint itself(piece with screws on it )separates from the body
You have to hold the piece(with screws) when posing

Very hard to describe this without doing a video (I don't do video).
But this might help. I don't think this is a radically different body, or that it's anymore flawed than some of HT's recent bodies. I just had a look at the stock Captain America Spangled body, it's arms are worse than this. They are extremely stiff and ratchet joint one way but are loose up and down, try to do anything even remotely extreme and they will break.

So what I'm saying here is this..
Fragile badly made HT body is made even more fragile and breakable by the fact it's Spiderman. Or course you are gonna try and position his arms as if web slinging. HT have gotten away with it for a while now with more sedentary licenses. This could be the perfect (plastic) storm. But I don't think the body is "faulty" per se, if it was it would be broken out of the box IMO.

And no, I haven't tried to bend his arms backwards, nor do i intend to, I
didn't do that with the Medi either. Not my thing.

:lol

Treat the TT shoulder like a balljoint and it will break.

Last edited:
I'm probably still in the minority but I was watching the film again last night and I still think HT's did an exceptional job with this and this still my favorite HT's version of Spidey thus far.

Although they made the Garfield hair a little too polished, I still think it's him

The finish gleams off the light like it did the film IMO.

Even unmasked

I'm probably still in the minority but I was watching the film again last night and I still think HT's did an exceptional job with this and this still my favorite HT's version of Spidey thus far.

Although they made the Garfield hair a little too polished, I still think it's him

The finish gleams off the light like it did the film IMO.

Even unmasked

I agree with you but I can't get over the fact that HT got his eyes wrong :(

The housing of the shoulder joint itself(piece with screws on it )separates from the body

Thanks! Well..I did try to tell everyone.... :lol

You are not in a minority mate. Well... wait, maybe you are, but i'm in it too!

:duff

Just got mine today, shoulders are fine!!:yess::yess:

Fantastic figure very happy! Got it for a great price and in hand way before retail sellers here in OZ. Sick of waiting months for items to hit our shores long after everyone else.

Sorry to hear people have had problems but if you are on the fence about getting this bad boy.....go for it, you will not be disappointed!!:hi5:

Just got mine today, shoulders are fine!!:yess::yess:

Fantastic figure very happy! Got it for a great price and in hand way before retail sellers here in OZ. Sick of waiting months for items to hit our shores long after everyone else.

Sorry to hear people have had problems but if you are on the fence about getting this bad boy.....go for it, you will not be disappointed!!:hi5:

Where did you get yours from mate?

I havent got my figure yet, but can I confirm something before I get it and break it.

The housing of the shoulder joint with screws on it actually sits within the upper chest cavity correct (one on either side)? So if it's inside the cavity, how do we hold it? Do we just use thumb and forefinger to press the chest area that surrounds the shoulder joint housing to keep it in place? Does that mean the chest cavity on top of that shoulder joint area is not a hard plastic but is semi-rigid?

Back