Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the recent Predators look the same to me. Same with the Iran Man figures. I'm not even sure which is which.

Guess someone could say the same about Arnold or Batman, but there isn't nearly as many as Predator and Iran Man.

Yes, but you can attribute that to the movies themselves.

There have been more Iron Man armors and Predator characters than there have been Batmans and Terminators.

The dreads look better in those new pics. But the upper leg armor on the sides and the crotch armor are still too short. I just hope HT is going to fix that in their release product.

I think the leg armor only looks weird because the thighs are way too long. Seriously, doesn't anyone else notice that? If you look at where the knees are versus the crotch, it's even more obvious.

I think the legs are fine, I believe it's the torso being too short. They need to add a little more length to the waist

Agreed that the thighs are too long (or maybe the waist armor needs to be longer)...Also agreed with most of you that the dreads need to be way longer...I'm picking this up because I don't have a Scar, but I'm passing on Celtic and Chopper and AVP Elder if they release them...it'd be the same **** over and over again.

The dreads look much better in length. But it looks like they only put in the top layer of dreads into the head.
Did they...just...rehash the original scar?
The only thing the same as the original is the closed shuriken on his hip and the combi stick. Everything else is all new. It was long overdue. It actually has a resemblance to the movie now.

Last edited:
This looks so much better then the original, and at least the original scars mask was recognizable as scar the old celtic and choppers masks look so bad its funny, celtics is way way off and choppers is freakin brown for gods sake, new avp preds were sorely needed.

I think my biggest complaint about this guy so far is the eyes on the mask. They are way to black, they should be silver with black mesh not just solid black. But its nothing that will keep me from getting this one overall a huge improvement to the original.

I can't wait for the new wolf either I wanted the first one so bad when I heard they were making it until I saw the pictures, it looked so anerexic and weird that I had to pass on it in spite of how much I luv the character. They have gotten much better at this new wolf will be badass I hope :pray:

Guys, genuine question here. Not stomping on anyone's tastes or anything...but why is there so much interest towards this line of predator figs? Wasn't the movie generally disliked by many if not all? I saw it, and I think the only pred worth my time would be scar because he did the most damage and didn't go out like a punk like the others did.

The only preds I have are berserker, falconer, still gotta pick up tracker one day...but at least the movie was a direct follow up to the OG predator and was pretty good.

I'm just curious is all. I do have to admit the preds do look cool with their armor and stuff...but arent preds very tribalistic in spite of their advanced knowledge with technology.

I think the only thing holding me back from being super stoked about this line is the fact that they are from, what I consider an abomination to the predator mythos and universe.

Drop the knowledge on me guys.

I like collecting the complete 1/6 scale Predator line from Hot Toys simply because to me they look badass. I do not need any particular figure to have a deep and glorious story to it...I just love how the Predators look...having different armor and Bio-Mask variations is just a plus for me especially when I have all my Hot Toys Predators posed next to each other...they make my display shelf look so amazing.

I love collecting stuff that is very appealing to my eyes...I also collect high end watches for the same reason...they are beautiful.

I guess this can kind of be compared to music. I could care less what the singer is saying but as long as the song sounds great then that is all that matters to me.
Many are just the opposite and will only like a song based on the lyrics only...such as some collectors will only collect certain figures/ sculpts only if they have an awesome background to them.

To you I am sure it is hard to understand why one like me would collect a badass looking figure from Hot Toys when the character he is based on sucks...again simply because the figure looks badass to me period.

To me it is just the opposite...why just collect figures/ sculpts only if they have a decent background?

Sometimes I will want a figure that I may not like cosmetically but absolutely love what the figure is based off from. For instance I cannot stand how the Hot Toys Ezio looks...however being that he is one of my favorite all time video game protagonists, I just had to have him in my collection.

Very well thought out response. I've always had a problem getting past the source material to just simply enjoy what the figure has to offer. Like, I wanted the wolf pred. But two things held me back. One, the movie was..again, just bad. Two, the fig itself looked decent, but was way too skinny for my liking.

Don't get me wrong man, I do admire the aesthetics of the avp preds...certainly having every pred fig lined up next to one another does provide for a badass display...but it's just that damn source material.

I dunno, perhaps if I actually picked up the scar pred, maybe my views on the rest of them might change.

Edit: did you get the samurai pred? That looks badass. Way badass.

Very well thought out response. I've always had a problem getting past the source material to just simply enjoy what the figure has to offer. Like, I wanted the wolf pred. But two things held me back. One, the movie was..again, just bad. Two, the fig itself looked decent, but was way too skinny for my liking.

Don't get me wrong man, I do admire the aesthetics of the avp preds...certainly having every pred fig lined up next to one another does provide for a badass display...but it's just that damn source material.

I dunno, perhaps if I actually picked up the scar pred, maybe my views on the rest of them might change.

Edit: did you get the samurai pred? That looks badass. Way badass.

Forgive me its 4am and I have been up all night (baking). Is everyone going by what they see in the movies or what they think the Hero's are? Behind me I have a hero mask of Mr Black. They don't look like they look like in the movie. I just have the mask nothing more (it does have the lights). From what I have seen just in pictures on SSC/HT those look much better then what I have.

As someone that is gong to start collecting this line now I am happy. I guess I just don't see the point. As most of the Predator is CGI ( I know the guns move, lights on the mask light up (I have one))

Yes they do look bad ass. I just wish they would win over the humans.

Back