Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely no interest in a Potts figure.

Light up would be cool but still a gimmick.

touche! how would you suggest they did killian then? interesting to hear your views!

i want a potts figure just to pose with tony in his workshop clothes. not a need by any means though.

it's a pity this figure does not get the credit or fame it deserves. the sculpt and tailoring is really amazing. truly one of, if not, the best figures that hot toys has ever made. their sculpting is getting better lately.

I don't know... maybe with paint but that will be too scene specific. Maybe light up hands and head with a center chest bit. I have a feeling there wont be one because of the want for a movie accurate light up feature. Same thing with Green Lantern and Tron.

Too bad the movie flopped because you'll probably never gt the figure unless its a custom. I thought the movie was okay, not as bad as they say but nothing special either.

Yeah, I didn't think it was that bad either and had he had a practical suit instead of CG, I probably would've liked it better. The less than stellar suit really bugged me and I'm not even a GL fan.

Received this guy today, Really nice looking figure regardless of what you think of the movie depiction. Would love to get an extra head, just to bash a Trevor version.

Mandarin will end up filling 'Villians' Detolf with both Red Skulls and now Winter Soldier since Hot toys has teased him...but not sure I will have room for his chair...

I think you're missing my point in regards to the depiction of Mandarin. Your take on the character is greatly limited by your perception of Kingsley's depiction and seems to be only reliant on that, whereas mine falls squarely on the (confirmed) fact that Killian is meant to be the MCU's Mandarin (complete with martial arts and Extremis abilities), with the terrorist persona mainly acting as his proxy or "mask". In that regard, I'll retract my use of the word "decoy" since it gives a different implication compared to what the filmmakers were aiming for, in which case the supposed decoy was more of a "proxy" or channel to manipulate mass media than a literal decoy.

In that regard, my opinion still differs from yours, since yours seems to be based more on Kingsley's Mandarin whereas mine is aimed towards Pearce's character who is the ACTUAL Mandarin. So no, I don't agree with your point.

Tony's wits have been shown beyond simply using his suits in the comics you know. In situations where he's deprived of his suits, he's engaged in hand-to-hand combat/martial arts, implemented sneaking tactics and pretty much all around improvisations. This isn't something new in IM3, but something that's been done a lot in the comics, so it's actually not just something random but a part of how he's portrayed in the comics. As for Stark's armor, I don't see how their weakness are unjustified considering how Tony has been making the suits non-stop with little to no sleep. Considering that kind of mental condition, I simply interpreted his suits being much more unpolished, even more evident when you look at the treasured yet very unreliable Mark 42.

I guess in the end of things I just felt guy pearce's mandarin just isn't as compelling as what Ben kingsleys mandarin could've been. While I like the idea of the proxy and all, Aldrich killians character and motives as portrayed just felt lackluster to me in comparison to this 'super villain who's using a proxy to terrorize the country' character that he tried to portray. Guy Pearce just didn't fit into the mold of 'the mandarin' as a character, period. It wasn't how he looked or the idea of the mandarin itself in the movie that bothers me, it was how the actual mandarin was portrayed. How Killian was portrayed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
I guess in the end of things I just felt guy pearce's mandarin just isn't as compelling as what Ben kingsleys mandarin could've been. While I like the idea of the proxy and all, Aldrich killians character and motives as portrayed just felt lackluster to me in comparison to this 'super villain who's using a proxy to terrorize the country' character that he tried to portray. Guy Pearce just didn't fit into the mold of 'the mandarin' as a character, period. It wasn't how he looked or the idea of the mandarin itself in the movie that bothers me, it was how the actual mandarin was portrayed. How Killian was portrayed.

While I myself didn't mind Guy Pearce as the Mandarin (heck I'd love to get a figure of Killian), that's totally fair as well and I can understand what you mean by that.

:exactly:
i feel the same.

Love the figure, and although I loved the movie and "the twist", I was on the fence about getting this. But, just bought it for a good price from a fellow Freak. Can't wait to see it in person.

Hey Guys, I've posted my video review of the Mandarin over at the Marvel figure feed, if you guys wanted to check it out

Unopened this last night, this figure is so damn awesome. It just has immense shelf presence, especially when futzed and posed properly. He just looks so badass sitting there in his shades while the rest of the MCU villains are standing. My one issue is that he doesn't come with a hand to have his finger pointing to his forehead, that would've been nice.

Back