Hot Toys Power of the Darkside exhibit..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its just that simple.

Let's see Darth Kenobi.
Probably plenty of people would say the ST Luke was worse but yeah I can see Disney wanting to keep Luke’s image as a hero untainted. Still seems silly when just a few thousand would be made and would barely register as a blip on the Star Wars news radar. Yet somehow Stormtrooper Luke never has any issues getting released. Maybe label this as ‘sith apprentice disguise’ and they’ll let it through :lol

I was hoping for maybe a ROTS Dooku announcement only because the AOTC seems to still go for a high price. That and ESB Yoda are the two Star Wars figures I still need for my collection. Money's tight right now so not sure when I'll get them.

Yeah You can make a decent dark side Luke mixing up say mms429 luke, dx16 Maul and one of the Vaders.

... dark side Luke?
508479-IMG-6940.jpeg
View attachment 699939
8o7vim.jpg
8o8eg0.jpg

8owwie.jpg

8o7vx3.jpg

more they don’t want to portray Luke as ‘bad?’
Well then they are complete idiots, cause Dark Empire Luke wasn't bad, (as per Return of the Jedi) he had already recognized and accepted the Dark half of himself and he no longer feared it, hence it utimatley did not control his actions. He was willingly exploring the Dark Side, in a ruse to get closer to the Emperor, pushing himself towards it to come out the other side, in effect to test himself and his tether to the Force (an actual interesting progression and powerfull exploration of the character) .
On the other hand, Disney Luke was bad, a regressive, poorly written piece of s**! coward, hiding away, a slave to fear, slave to Jedi dogma, who betrayed all his own learned experience, instinct, and everything the character was.
Yet they can release that figure? :lol
Hasbro’s releasing a Last Command box set with the evil clone Luuke so they’re not totally against the idea of a bad Luke.
True
STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-STAR-WARS-THE-LAST-COMMAND-4-PACK-3-1.jpg

"New" Old Expanded U Black-Series box set...
Always thought the Expanded U was mediocre, but after what Disney pulled out their *$$, this nonsense is brilliant by comparison. :lol

Really surprised they’d care enough to turn down something that could make them money off of an old concept from Legends to a few adult collectors that couldn’t care less if it fits into the current canon or not.
The less it fits into the Disney canon, the better, and the more it flat out contradicts it, the better position it will take on my shelf. :wink1:

Last edited:
That dark empire luke looks ready for release
It’s on the current garbage pedestal base that doesn’t match our collections
May the 4th? Or May 4 will be iron spider armored bat hulk fett.

EU is a cash cow waiting to happen.
If HT choose rightly on which characters to appear.
Revan and Starkiller under the "Legends" banner will pave the way.
They could also redo Thrawn with his EU look(not as paunchy,add in the Command chair etc).
Xizor and Guri too please.

EU is a cash cow waiting to happen.
If HT choose rightly on which characters to appear.
Revan and Starkiller under the "Legends" banner will pave the way.
They could also redo Thrawn with his EU look(not as paunchy,add in the Command chair etc).
Xizor and Guri too please.
This 100%. I would much rather have Timothy zahn thrawn than Elon thrawn. Mars jade, dark empire luke and leia. There is a market for them. Personally, while I would buy those, I’d prefer ot looks we haven’t gotten yet. Also, ht seems to max out at 2-4 ot figures per year so I won’t hold my breath.

Back