1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deluxe is getting a re-issue:

Hot Toys

7 m ·

【Star Wars™ - 1/6th scale Stormtrooper™ with Death Star™ Environment Collectible Set】

Stormtroopers are elite shock troops fanatically loyal to the Empire and impossible to sway from the Imperial cause. They wear imposing white armor, which offers a wide range of survival equipment and temperature controls to allow the soldiers to survive in almost any environment. Stormtroopers wield blaster rifles and pistols and attack in hordes to overwhelm their enemies.

To celebrate the Hot Toys “Star Wars: The Power of the Dark Side” Exhibition in Hong Kong, and the unveiling of Hot Toys worldwide Star Wars events, today we are excited to present a collectible for devoted fans: the 1/6th scale Stormtrooper™ Collectible Figure, representing one of the most iconic soldiers from the Star Wars saga.

The collectible figure features a highly detailed stormtrooper helmet and armor with great articulations, skillfully applied paint applications, a fabric under-suit, a blaster rifle, and a LED light-up Death Star wall panel environmental backdrop!

Build up your Imperial army by recruiting this new 1/6th scale Stormtrooper collectible figure in your collection! It will be firstly on-shelf on April 27 in selected markets!

439438118_832032675627413_4613823595995160858_n.jpg

@Asta

Was just going to make a topic.

Need one of these guys so happy they're coming back. They even reused some photos of the initial release lol.

Great news. I wouldn’t be a collector if I didn’t state I’m a tiny bit disappointed this release ain’t the ESB version.
However, I am very glad they are reissuing the amazing ROTJ trooper. Finally they release a goodie and a badie, that share screen time, in parallel. Price tag: around $270-280 (last time $248)

EDIT: it’s actually $240 on Sideshow! Wow, finally a sign of lessons learned and workshop optimization. Release this year in Q3!!

Last edited:
Very interesting. While, normally, I prefer the ANH Stormtrooper design, my OT Star Wars collection has been leaning more towards ROTJ so this may actually be better.
Agreed. Now we have more ROTJ Endor characters released which makes this one even better. Scout, wicket, Leia, Luke, Solo and c-3po. Where is Chewbacca and AT-ST driver?

It's getting its own reference (MMS 736). Anything different from the ROTJ version you can spot? Is it the same exact paint app?

I made a ROTJ-specifc stormie that's much more accurate than this HT effort - which didn't quite match the prototype - but will grab one of these as I missed this first time out. The HT helmet on this came out a bit wonky looking (no more wonky than their ANH I guess, just in different ways) but I think some repainting might help disguise the issues.

Unfortunate for most collectors that the armor is so specific to ROTJ as I'm assuming most would have preferred a ANH "classic armor" re-release.

I made a ROTJ-specifc stormie that's much more accurate than this HT effort - which didn't quite match the prototype - but will grab one of these as I missed this first time out. The HT helmet on this came out a bit wonky looking (no more wonky than their ANH I guess, just in different ways) but I think some repainting might help disguise the issues.

Unfortunate for most collectors that the armor is so specific to ROTJ as I'm assuming most would have preferred a ANH "classic armor" re-release.
Only reason I like the ROTJ HT stormie is because it is not accurate. It should be more wonky/rough looking with every trooper being unique, merely due to production methods. Which I think you are aware of.

I agree, an ANH or ESB stormie would be preferable.

Really glad to see this, since I still don't have a standard Stormtrooper and was just starting to consider getting the Mando commander and removing the orange shoulder, even though the non-matching nameplate would've bugged me so much.

Including my Han and Luke in disguise figures (which I’m displaying as Troopers) I have four Troopers currently. One more might be nice to have but I won’t necessarily rush to pre-order.

I have many stormtroopers so I just ordered one, in case they are limited and I have 15 figures coming this year. Somebody send help!

I will get a second if they sit for a while, which I’m not sure they will. Or, they sit like lando and moff g.

I’m thinking they won’t. I’m grabbing 3 just in case!

Back