HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@chobo- I had the exact same line up, but sold my cleaner kit Wolf. I have no desire to get any of the AVP preds, and I'd like to get a P2 Elder but am not going to pay around $1500 for. The most I paid for one was $400 for my BD P2 last year. I paid $400 for my P1 exclusive but sold the ex mask for $100. All my others I got at retail. I was lucky enough to score the Guardian when it went up on SSCs site.

The AVP predators rawk! :rock2

Couldnt have said it better myself. I think silentsurfer did a whole makeover with his wolf. He was able to make the whole body thicker

He's supposed to be lean and mean. Check out the book "AVPR Inside The Monster Shop". I have some Wolf pics from it somewhere. HT did a stellar job with it.

wolfpredator.JPG

No doubt the wolf is a leaner pred. But IMO I think HT couldve made him a lil thicker

Wolf should be to say, the Berserker, what Robert Patrick was to Arnold. Instead hes more like Christian Bale in The Machinest. I don't know how anyone can look at that figure and say those legs don't look too thin. But its not just the anorexia - its the loose joints. I dunno, maybe I got a bad figure, but mine is a ragdoll. Its like Woody from Toy Story. Its a pity because as ever the sculpting detail is top-notch.

Wolf should be to say, the Berserker, what Robert Patrick was to Arnold. Instead hes more like Christian Bale in The Machinest. I don't know how anyone can look at that figure and say those legs don't look too thin. But its not just the anorexia - its the loose joints. I dunno, maybe I got a bad figure, but mine is a ragdoll. Its like Woody from Toy Story. Its a pity because as ever the sculpting detail is top-notch.

must've been a hell of a playtime with you, to loosen those joints. :lol

you can always add glue/superglue to stiffen those joints...works with smaller figs.:dunno

So its just mine? Shoulders and hip joints are loose as hell. Add to that the way the skirt rides up and down. I need to tie it to the netting somehow because its annoying.

Basically Wolf isn't one of my favourites in the HT collection. Though he could be if he could be transferred to a bigger body, thats why I brought him up.

The one I had has loose shoulders, bad. Hard to put him in a cool pose when his shoulders won't hold his arms up.

I did love the sculpt of the head, though. Just hated the sculpted on armor pieces. Though, to keep the lean look, the armor having been removable would have looked too bulky on the fig. So I can see why HT did it.

The AVP predators rawk! :rock2

To each their own. I just don't like the bendy dreds and bulky look (or the face made for that movie :monkey4). Not to say if I'm on ebay and see a complete mint one for $400 I wouldn't jump on it, but that's just because of the sheer value of them, because I know they go for 3-4 times that much. If they still went for what they originally sold for and ebay was littered with them, I don't know, I'd be hard pressed to put those ugly things in my collection.

i got 3 wolves here. a modified cleaner with dual cannon and regular gear. a cleaner and a spare cleaner that got mechanized.

one of this was sent to me packaged in a box smaller than a shoebox. bent like a pretzel and all, i'm surprised i could still pose him without a stand standing up.:lol

i think its just the factory work issue, like other HT true types. 1 of my 4 narrow TT has a loose torso joint fresh out of the plastic shell. :dunno

*i think this was the spare cleaner pred body i mechanized. can still hold a pose without a stand. :]
P1000053.jpg

Last edited:
The one I had has loose shoulders, bad. Hard to put him in a cool pose when his shoulders won't hold his arms up.

Yeah thats the bummer. Trying to pose him with whip is a pain because of the wobby arms. I want to find a nice pose for this guy and stick with it.

i got 3 wolves here. a modified cleaner with dual cannon and regular gear. a cleaner and a spare cleaner that got mechanized.

Are you the one who did the Predator/T-600 combo? Very nifty.

I bought both Wolf releases, I couldn't turn down those extra cool accessories and alien head base. Thats an area you can't fault the figure. Tonnes of extras.

So I've got 2 P2s, 2 P1s, 2 Wolfs - I felt that both masked and unmasked were important for these. Though oddly I never felt compelled to buy 2 Berserkers.

Last edited:
My reg wolf's joints are good but my cleaner wolf's joints are horrible. I hate wolfs thighs, theyre almost as thin as his shin.

Are you the one who did the Predator/T-600 combo? Very nifty.

it was darthman who lead the way. i couldn't have follow through with the idea if i didnt see his bash was proportionally feasible. :]

So I've got 2 P2s, 2 P1s, 2 Wolfs - I felt that both masked and unmasked were important for these. Though oddly I never felt compelled to buy 2 Berserkers.
sweet, i had the urge to get multiples to bulk up my clan as well.:yess:
yeah, i got berserker. the last straw, this new preds were a buzz kill for me, IMO. aesthetics > functionality, the older preds were at least more balanced. the new ones can just stand pretty, barely get any decent play time with berserker...so he's back in his box.

it was darthman who lead the way. i couldn't have follow through with the idea if i didnt see his bash was proportionally feasible. :]

Its also feasible that if predators were building bionic replacement limbs they'd be just like the T-600's. If they were real their skeletal structure would be pretty much the same, just bigger than humans.

yeah, i wash fishing on other cheaper robot figure parts to test out really. i didn't have the balls to dismember a T-600 for such bash. darthman's bash changed all that. :lol

haha, I completly forgot you sold it to me. I was wondering why this guy was asking about my wolf. haha

:lol It's all good brother! I hated the joints on it, as well, but I sold it because he looks too anorexic along HT's other Preds. I do miss the head sculpt on that guy, though!!

Sorry to hear you're parting with him, but so goes collecting :monkey2

Yeah something about that cleaner wolf u sold me was just off. The dreads sucked. I just couldnt find a pose that made him look dope. My regular wolf is greath though. So its not too bad of a loss

I don't know if it was just that when HT made the cleaner kit version they screwed those up or what, but that's the way I got the thing, mint.

Back