Hulk VS Spiderman Diorama, Does this look wierd to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking like you buddy, I rater have it a little off, than have it in a few pieces.

Gammabomb, mine arrived yesterday, and when I put it together, it looked pretty much like yours did.

So after computer fly posted his post about the post being bendable, I went for it, (CF is a trustworthy source of info).

I slowly bent this in place bit by bit with my hands, until the Spidey was back further AND his eyes lined up in look with the Hulks.

It really makes it look very different with these adjustments IMO.

Also, CF was right about a bit of the paint crackling off at the bend. After careful inspection BEFORE I did my bending, I noted there were already cracks in the paint at the bends. I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that ALL of these have these paint cracks to varying degrees, there is simply no way around it once the paint gets to be a couple of years old.

Also, from the way this is packed, again IMO and from looking at mine, the post must be bent a certain way in order for it to fit in the styrofoam case, or you may run a risk of breaking the fingers on the hand.

Yes, my cracks in the paint got a bit bigger, and even had a couple of tiny flakes come off, but for me, this looks better on the display AND I noticed on mine when I slide the post in, it actually stays in know without no loose gigling, it fits in perfectly. There is no way you can see the paint cracks on display, and because they are so minor could be touched up easily.

This is my experience with it for what it is worth.

Gammabomb, mine arrived yesterday, and when I put it together, it looked pretty much like yours did.

So after computer fly posted his post about the post being bendable, I went for it, (CF is a trustworthy source of info).

I slowly bent this in place bit by bit with my hands, until the Spidey was back further AND his eyes lined up in look with the Hulks.

Also, CF was right about a bit of the paint crackling off at the bend. After careful inspection BEFORE I did my bending, I noted there were already cracks in the paint at the bends. I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that ALL of these have these paint cracks to varying degrees, there is simply no way around it once the paint gets to be a couple of years old.

Also, from the way this is packed, again IMO and from looking at mine, the post must be bent a certain way in order for it to fit in the styrofoam case, or you may run a risk of breaking the fingers on the hand.

Yes, my cracks in the paint got a bit bigger, and even had a couple of tiny flakes come off, but for me, this looks better on the display AND I noticed on mine when I slide the post in, it actually stays in know without no loose gigling, it fits in perfectly. There is no way you can see the paint cracks on display, and because they are so minor could be touched up easily.

Thats great that you got it looking the way you wanted, I only suggested not bothering bending it because even with the slight misalignment, this is my favorite dio by far....Congrats on picking one up so soon!

Last edited:
If it's not to much trouble can you post a pic of your light pole so I can see what angles i'm shooting for. Thanks for the tips, you da man!!!

Here you go:

HVS1.jpg

HVS7.jpg

HVS2.jpg

Last edited:

Good work Bats. I'm sure it looks WAAAY better than the way it comes. Also, regarding the cracking paint; As I stated above, be sure to heat the pole A LOT where you plan to bend it. Paint is nothing more than a plastic film, and it becomes pliable when heated, and will stretch instead of crack.

Good work Bats. I'm sure it looks WAAAY better than the way it comes. Also, regarding the cracking paint; As I stated above, be sure to heat the pole A LOT where you plan to bend it. Paint is nothing more than a plastic film, and it becomes pliable when heated, and will stretch instead of crack.

In my case they were just way to close together, and not looking directly in the eyes enough.

I thought about heating it up a bit on the bends, but there were already cracks there in the paint and tiny spots missing. You could tell it had been done before, and in order to put back in the box rebent.

It's worth alot to me buddy. You are a brave soul. I read somewhere that you will have to bend it back to fit it into the box as well. I think i might have to give it a shot.....who am i to argue with Batman???

You are da man CF!!, and thanks for the tips, they're the bee's knees. Looks like you already helped two of us.

Back