Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the island of long and it looks like its gunna be a whopper, I have weathered so many hurricanes in my short life, I think I have lived in the path of 70% of the last 30 years of hurricanes to hit the east coast of the us:panic:

when the storm really comes can some of you in the area go out and take come photos to see? especially those near the beaches

Here's a pic of the bay in vetnor this morning,if you look at the left side of the pic the water is over the side already and it was before the rain.my house is a block away and I have a basement.I'm hoping for the best

Waiting it out in Central Jersey. Nothing yet. Spent the last couple of hours tying down all the lawn furniture and garbage cans.

The media tends to really over react when it comes to big storms in this area, but this one actually sounds like the real deal. :panic:

Think we might nip out for some booze before it starts raining and blowing, though. If the world's gonna end, might as well enjoy the ride ... :duff

Be safe everybody!

I'm in central Jersey. As long as I have power for Dexter, Walking Dead, and Homeland I'm ok.

Office is closed tomorrow manhattan supermarkets were crazy today... Got enough dry cereal to survive for two days I suppose. Irene was such a joke though, I went for a jog through it lol. Hope this is the same.

Office is closed tomorrow manhattan supermarkets were crazy today... Got enough dry cereal to survive for two days I suppose. Irene was such a joke though, I went for a jog through it lol. Hope this is the same.

shoulda got powdered Milk , if you lose power , sour milk isn't very tasty :pfft:

I'm on the island of long and it looks like its gunna be a whopper, I have weathered so many hurricanes in my short life, I think I have lived in the path of 70% of the last 30 years of hurricanes to hit the east coast of the us:panic:

Best of wishes, ye who dwelleth in the Island of Long. I attend Stony Brook University, and classes are canceled tomorrow :yess:

Anyway, stay safe everyone! Hopefully, Sandy will just pass by and no one will encounter any major issues.

Think we're about as prepared as we can be up here in Northeastern PA. Charging up all our Droid devices so 1) we'll have enough power in our phones provided the cell network doesn't go down and 2) we'll be able to listen to music as a distraction. Dropped important files in Dropbox in case the computer gets fried. Got the usual non-perishable stuff at the store.

Crappy part is that my night job is delivering newspapers, and I know they'll make us go out even if it's the height of the storm. Heck, they threatened to FIRE anyone who refused to break last year's STATE-ORDERED EVACUATION and deliver papers! :mad:

Playing the music will eat the battery faster :lol

so how long are the places and subways supposed to be close for? just tomorrow?

Rain has started. My wife has no school tomorrow. I thought for sure my boss would call and tell me to work from home. No phone call. :monkey1

418060_494616940556736_1269526219_n.jpg

But seriously, stay safe guys. I'm a born and raised east coast boy and y'all are in my thoughts.

Back