Hurricanes SW customs,

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit more done, outer robes are the hasblow originals as the materials spot on, i wanted a definite diference 'tween inner and outer robes, the midrift pouches are WRONG at this point, i had no idea wht they were so made some by hand from screen stills, but now i know what they are and will remake them accurately.At this point there is NO weathering done, nor water treatment so excuse the puffyness, the tuskens nose is steel, a domed head screw dremeled to suit.
DSCF0934.jpg

looks like you sourced the perfect material for this figure - looks the right weight and frays well

and the darkened head certainly looks better

Fantastic job my friend

Looks fatastic, Hurricane! He's gonna be like a little 12 inch person in costume when you're finished!!!:chew

Hey Hurricane. Your PMs are full.

Are you still making the ESB Luke/Vader head? I've been inspired by Josh's work to make my own Dagobah Luke, and I'd love to put your work in to the mix.

Hey Hurricane, I was digging through some old threads when I came across your Marmit Sandtroopers here, I was wondering where did you get the large gun (a lewis machine gun I believe) and the binoculars? Or did you just make them? I've been looking for that Lewis in 1/6 scale but can't seem to find on anywhere. Thanks!

sandtroopers.jpg

Great work, Sand People are such a classic SW design, nice to see someone doing them justice!

sand people have never gotten the love. i was always fascinated by them and they are among my fav ot characters.............right next to stormtroopers. excellent work hurricane. that is inspiring to say the least.

Hey Hurricane, I was digging through some old threads when I came across your Marmit Sandtroopers here, I was wondering where did you get the large gun (a lewis machine gun I believe) and the binoculars? Or did you just make them? I've been looking for that Lewis in 1/6 scale but can't seem to find on anywhere. Thanks!

sandtroopers.jpg

the lewis gun was from here...https://onesixthquartermaster.com, the binocs from hoth luke

more on the tusken, correct midrift pouch now actually found out its a thompson smg WWII US ammo pouch, some work on the weathering respirator cylinder made, hands painted....
DSCF1047.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

commision for Scarlet, medicom cody with shrunken to suit hasbro custom jango sculpt (altered to suit codys look)
DSCF0972.jpg

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF0985.jpg

DSCF0989.jpg

DSCF1023.jpg

Glenn, email sent about the trade. Got in your items and ready to ship!

Great look at your Sandtroopers! I FINALLY have a Medicom one, the 30th anniversary one, and want some tips on dirtying him some. Any open comments on that? I would love to get an idea of how to sand him up better. Right now he looks like he has orange grease on him. Not very "sandy".

Anyway, email and PM posted! :rock

Glenn, email sent about the trade. Got in your items and ready to ship!

Great look at your Sandtroopers! I FINALLY have a Medicom one, the 30th anniversary one, and want some tips on dirtying him some. Any open comments on that? I would love to get an idea of how to sand him up better. Right now he looks like he has orange grease on him. Not very "sandy".

Anyway, email and PM posted! :rock

Id guess removing the greasy stuff on him would be first, go careful tho:eek:
as for sanding a trooper up, always seemed odd to me the screen used sandies had big blobs of muck on them, i mean, glossy armor+sand (or even worse stuff) surely itd dry out and fall off?????maybe youd get some scratches etc with dirt ground into it, or even sand/dust collecting on seams etc....but big splashes of dewback poo?

Id guess removing the greasy stuff on him would be first, go careful tho:eek:
as for sanding a trooper up, always seemed odd to me the screen used sandies had big blobs of muck on them, i mean, glossy armor+sand (or even worse stuff) surely itd dry out and fall off?????maybe youd get some scratches etc with dirt ground into it, or even sand/dust collecting on seams etc....but big splashes of dewback poo?

Yeah, that's what it looks like! :google
I'll try to get to that soon. Thanks for the tips Glenn.

Package coming! Look for it! :rock

Posted this in Vaderville, but I still want to show off my Hurricane Empire Vader.

Last edited:
Back