InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sad. My Gandalf is still sitting in his box nearly 24 hrs after receiving him. Curse busy work days!
Mines been sitting at the bottom of a pile of boxes for weeks. I can’t even remember how long ago I received mine. Maybe months…

It’s so easy for me to open third party figures and even HTs the I just pose immediately and plonk down to stare at, but because I know I want to take my time with an actually quality piece like this and do all the proper futzing and refining to bring out the absolute best of the piece, I just end up putting it off forever.

Mines been sitting at the bottom of a pile of boxes for weeks. I can’t even remember how long ago I received mine. Maybe months…

It’s so easy for me to open third party figures and even HTs the I just pose immediately and plonk down to stare at, but because I know I want to take my time with an actually quality piece like this and do all the proper futzing and refining to bring out the absolute best of the piece, I just end up putting it off forever.
Whoah! It took me a couple of days to clean up both physical and head space lol to get to Gandalf. But it was worth it and I’m ready to take some pics.

And then there’s me who was way too excited to unbox it and set it up, eagerly rushing everything and because of that, tore his right sleeve and snapped the Pipe Staff string.

I’ve yet to properly futz it due to lack of time but now have realized that I will dedicate a set time to properly handle INART figures going forward. Learned it the hard way lol

The InArt hands are… not that great it seems.

My Joker basically can’t use half of his hands without boiling them, or just fall off after some time.

And yeah, I was one of the unlucky Blu tac Jokers, so I was hoping a later batch would alleviate some of my issues

The wizard arrived from OSK today. He's glorious! My first InArt and the best figure I now own, hands down. I just have a few quibbles:
1. The magnetic base is weak, as many have already mentioned.
2. He's got a bit too much beard hair going on.
3. My PERS system is a little off, but it's nothing too distracting. I'm hoping they have SERS for Aragorn and all other figures moving forward.

The sculpt is a 10/10. I was shocked just how good it looks in person. The hands are amazing and I had no issue attaching them to the magnetic pegs. The hair is excellently styled and required limited futzing. He's got good weight to him and feels substantial.

gandalf1.jpg

gandalf2.jpg
gandalf3.jpg
gandalf4.jpg
gandalf5.jpg
gandalf6.jpg

I received mine yesterday from the latest shipments from Inart.
What can I say, I've seen a lot of photos since the release, and once in hand it's even more incredible. A little work on the hair and outfit. Nothing is missing or broken. Just the hilt of my sword which is very lightly scratched on the blue paint, but nothing to worry about.

I am stunned by this figurine and the very fine accessories. One of my most beautiful figurines to date without a doubt.

Attachments

• 20240423_214155.jpg
    20240423_214155.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_214224.jpg
    20240423_214224.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_220258.jpg
    20240423_220258.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_220442.jpg
    20240423_220442.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_221118.jpg
    20240423_221118.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240423_221940.jpg
    20240423_221940.jpg
    917.8 KB · Views: 0
I received mine yesterday from the latest shipments from Inart.
What can I say, I've seen a lot of photos since the release, and once in hand it's even more incredible. A little work on the hair and outfit. Nothing is missing or broken. Just the hilt of my sword which is very lightly scratched on the blue paint, but nothing to worry about.

I am stunned by this figurine and the very fine accessories. One of my most beautiful figurines to date without a doubt.
Did you work the hair? The overall profile of the head and hair looks finer than some other photos, like "newapelles" and "agonistes66" posted. I find there are two examples of the Gandalf figure that tend to show up frequently, one like yours with a finer profile and another like the others which are fuller and bushier. Mine arrived like the latter with fuller hair, which I feel looks too healthy, as if Gandalf came back from the salon with a perm. His hair was more stringy and matted in the film. I'd like to bring the volume down so the hair hangs better and resembles something closer to the real look.

Did you work the hair? The overall profile of the head and hair looks finer than some other photos, like "newapelles" and "agonistes66" posted. I find there are two examples of the Gandalf figure that tend to show up frequently, one like yours with a finer profile and another like the others which are fuller and bushier. Mine arrived like the latter with fuller hair, which I feel looks too healthy, as if Gandalf came back from the salon with a perm. His hair was more stringy and matted in the film. I'd like to bring the volume down so the hair hangs better and resembles something closer to the real look.

Yes I worked on them, when I took his head out of the box everything was too bulky.
As many have already said, a brush and water are enough. You have to take your time and use references from the film to get closer to its look. I still worked on it a little because the hair still moved too far forward.

If anybody here is willing to transfer their po or order for gondolf, please let me know. Thanks. 😞

Back