Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow....shocked at that the price.

I guess it would be priced too high at $400...... :D
$500 ?

For that price it should be mixed media with real clothes on Indy. I don't think that is unreasonable to ask at all.

I don't want mixed media, we have enough Indy Pfs and I unloaded my ROTLA Version when the jacket cuffs began to fall apart like pretty much all of them. I'm just hoping the production paint looks good, otherwise this is going to cost a fortune to get repainted.

Really nice looking piece!

I don't like the pistol hand AT ALL.

I'll get it, but I'll get the regular version from BBTS. Will save on the high $499 price, plus no NRD.

It's from the alternate version where Indy just shoots all the Nazis and the truck chase doesn't happen.

Wow... HD videoed from a smartphone screen.

I'm a little worried about all of it. Why does the paint look so bad here?

Maybe viewing the pics on a smartphone screen?

Last edited:
Dammit just read on Facebook the comment, "isn't the horse too small?" and now I can't unsee that.

The horse really is out of scale...almost like he's riding a pony.

Dammit just read on Facebook the comment, "isn't the horse too small?" and now I can't unsee that.

SS undersizes its horses, see the wraith PF for the same critique. I agree on both accounts. Now the horse in the film was likely an arabian and may have been smaller in scale.

Just a guess probably about 16-18" or so. Since Indy would be larger then 12" but he's seated and then the horses legs on top of the mountain base.

Honestly this has me reconsidering even bashing a 12" Indy which is looking like it would set me back around $800. Probably better off investing that in having this painted up by someone like Silent Surfer or the like.

Best idea yet... Depends on cost but a repaint would probably be the best for these editions.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I agree that the price point is high. But then I also have to remember that this is the size of a PF: 2 feet high by 2 feet wide. It's going to be a huge piece. I can't even imagine this in PF with an $800 or higher price tag to go with it. If I had to choose, I'll go with this one for more afforability. It'll definitely be quite the centerpiece, despite its smaller scale.

Watch the scene. :lecture

SS undersizes its horses, see the wraith PF for the same critique. I agree on both accounts. Now the horse in the film was likely an arabian and may have been smaller in scale.

:clap

From Wiki:

The breed standard stated by the United States Equestrian Federation, describes Arabians as standing between 14.1 to 15.1 hands (57 to 61 inches, 145 to 155 cm) tall, "with the occasional individual over or under." Thus, all Arabians, regardless of height, are classified as "horses", even though 14.2 hands (58 inches, 147 cm) is the traditional cutoff height between a horse and a pony.

I know we Indy fans get gear crazy, but I honestly and safely can say I never thought I'd see the day where we brought horse measurements into the accuracy discussion. :cuckoo:

I know we Indy fans get gear crazy, but I honestly and safely can say I never thought I'd see the day where we brought horse measurements into the accuracy discussion. :cuckoo:

:rotfl:rotfl Got your tape measure ready?

I watched the scene...horse looks bigger to me in the movie :dunno

The statue horse is rearing/crouching - making it appear shorter - and is also twisting (sort of horsie contrapposto), which foreshortens the body overall. I will say the head seems slightly oversized and legs a bit too thick.:lol

This is only grab I have available, angles and posture are very different...

horse_zpsf11abccf.png

Settled? Yes, SSC screws up a lot of stuff - and a lot of Indy stuff - this just isn't one of them.

Sideshow just doesn't want my money. 1:5 scale instant pass for me. How the Ringwraith on Steed can get a full 1:4 statue and Indiana Jones not be the same is stupid.

This looks like crap to me. Horse, scale, paint, pose, exclusive.. just a fail to me on all accounts. There are so many things sideshow could be doing with the Indy license that would sell like crazy.. why do they waste their time on this?!

Back