Indy Pre-Orders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, I can't see anyone going, "all eh" about Indy. And if you choose to cancel your order, you can also just sell the figure when you get it, instead.:monkey5

I'm sorry, I can't see anyone going, "all eh" about Indy. And if you choose to cancel your order, you can also just sell the figure when you get it, instead.:monkey5

dont think ill be eh with indy really, just alot of the things i liked back then and tried again now in times i was eh about. just gotta dig up the vhs, or go out and buy the dvd's. i got a few months anyways:D

I know some people are going to have problems with me saying this, but I like a low ES and makes me like it more. So as much complaining as I've heard this week about the $90 price tag (mostly for Gandalf), if it keeps the ES low, then it's easier for me to get over. Makes these things more collectible.

Now I have to listen to the "You should only get it if you like it and not care about the ES" remarks.

As a waitlister I'm hoping this is an indication of soft demand and high likelihood of cancellations!

Edit: But as an Indy fan I'd prefer solid demand and high likelihood of the line continuing with multiple characters!

Last edited:
I guess its still a popularity issue when you look at ES and licenses... SW is a juggernaut when it comes to fans and purchases. I don't think Indy has the same sort of fanbase... or at least a fanbase thats a conditioned to buy collectibles and figures.

Although Jedi Luke took a while to sell out so, it could also be awareness amongst Indy fans.

As a waitlister I'm hoping this is an indication of soft demand and high likelihood of cancellations!

Edit: But as an Indy fan I'd prefer solid demand and high likelihood of the line continuing with multiple characters!

Well, the exclusive did take longer to sale out that I expected (esp. with only 1500). HOWEVER, it could be much worse in terms of demand:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=92211

Sigh, I got a bad feeling we might not see a Pippin, Merry, or Gimli :monkey2

I guess its still a popularity issue when you look at ES and licenses... SW is a juggernaut when it comes to fans and purchases. I don't think Indy has the same sort of fanbase... or at least a fanbase thats a conditioned to buy collectibles and figures.

Although Jedi Luke took a while to sell out so, it could also be awareness amongst Indy fans.

Maybe I just got lost in the Indy release hype, so I thought Indy was as big as Star Wars. Personally, I'd take Indy over SW anyday. I guess the majority feels otherwise, which would explain why SW ALWAYS selling out quickly and Indy not so much.

I could be wrong, but I think Indy (while awesome and popular) doesn't have the same pull as SW. Which kind of plays into the dearth of product for so long. Its very popular, but no product probably means people aren't as active at looking for it that might be interested.

Maybe we should all start an exclusive Indiana Jones convention to help increase and maintain the hype... Probably see a lot of the same costumes though.

1500 pcs. is pretty dang low for a figure of Indy's status! Quite a surprise, but no complaints here. Makes me wonder what Gandalf's ES will be. Maybe around the same. With Gandalf and Indy on the way, I'm looking forward the the rest of the Fellowship and some great new armoured figures! And we really do need some horses soon... a white Arabian for Indy (and Shadowfax) and a couple other colors for all the LOTR riders that are yet to come! :D

Back