Iron spiderman comiquette question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundamric

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys in the market for this statue what are your thoughts on it is it quarter scale? What are the best aspects of it? Any thoughts on what other pieces to display with it (pictures of the statue displayed appreciated) what is a good price for the regular or exclusive on the second market and is the exclusive really worth it? Thanks for every bodies opinions :)

The statue is quarter scale. I'd say the best aspect of it is the metallic paint application, it really pops in person. Mine is currently displayed alone in the besta but I did like him displayed next to my Mark VI and Hulkbuster. I'm not sure what he is going for but ebay is a fair gauge of where the price stands, as always you may always find one less expensive from a freak here. I'd say the exclusive is the only way to go with this one. Iron Spidey perched on top of rubble with Iron Man's helmet and Captain America's shield paints a pretty amazing picture of the carnage left from civil war.

Yeah, this piece and the BiB Spidey are true 1/4 Spidey statues. The original Spidey Com is a beast and bigger than 1/4 scale. I don't own Iron Spidey but it looks great. One of my friends has the EX and it's a great looking statue. I went for the BiB Spidey myself. You can't go wrong with either piece if you are a Spidey fan.

Hi guys in the market for this statue what are your thoughts on it is it quarter scale? What are the best aspects of it? Any thoughts on what other pieces to display with it (pictures of the statue displayed appreciated) what is a good price for the regular or exclusive on the second market and is the exclusive really worth it? Thanks for every bodies opinions :)

I've seen people say it's not quarter scale but then I bought it. In my collection with my PFs it's quarter scale and matches perfectly.

It's a nice statue and the running pose is different for Spider-Man but it works well with this costume. I'm realizing I have no pics of him!

I wasn't collecting when this first came out. In 2012 I saw a Regular on eBay selling for retail price so I scooped it up and thankfully there were no issues. I couldn't pass up retail pricing.

However, the EX is really nice. I liked the Civil War storyline so the shield and helmet Ex is cool based on their relevance to the time frame and storyline this piece is based on. I don't regret my purchase at all, and for statues I missed out on I'm not a stickler for getting the Ex so long as I can own the statue, but this is the only Regular statue in my collection where I really do feel I'm missing the Ex. The Ex adds a good deal to the overall appearance. But, aftermarket prices...I'm good with the deal I got, lol.

Sounds good would love to see some pictures do you guys think 390 for a regular version is a fair price?

It's a very nice piece. Wish I got the Ex...

col8.JPG

Thanks for the pictures guys I think I will pick It up wish it was the ex though looks good with the shield and helmet

Thanks for the pictures guys I think I will pick It up wish it was the ex though looks good with the shield and helmet

Like you, I got into the SS game late (like last year). Iron Spidey EX was the first SS statue I picked up (till date, it's the only SS statue I own :lol ) and I have NO regrets. I'm a big spidey fan and I really, really like the metallic finishing. Like peedi mentioned, the EX parts add a lot to the display and has a deeper meaning, esp if you've read Civil War but that said, maybe you can pick up the reg (if you're happy with the price) and keep a lookout for a good deal on the EX in future. When that time comes, you can try sell the reg. That way, you get to enjoy the Iron Spidey earlier! Good luck! :)

Like you, I got into the SS game late (like last year). Iron Spidey EX was the first SS statue I picked up (till date, it's the only SS statue I own :lol ) and I have NO regrets. I'm a big spidey fan and I really, really like the metallic finishing. Like peedi mentioned, the EX parts add a lot to the display and has a deeper meaning, esp if you've read Civil War but that said, maybe you can pick up the reg (if you're happy with the price) and keep a lookout for a good deal on the EX in future. When that time comes, you can try sell the reg. That way, you get to enjoy the Iron Spidey earlier! Good luck! :)

Good advice. It's better to get something when you have the chance than to risk not having it at all.

This is the approach I take to statues that predate me becoming a collector. If it's a Regular at a price I find acceptable, I'll take it rather than wait for the EX and possibly be out priced altogether. And if you find an EX you're willing to pay for, sell the Regular, someone WILL want it! :)

Getting Gambit taught me this. He's one of my favorite characters, he was out before I started collecting, his price was rising, I really wanted an EX but got a regular at $300 something I don't remember the exact amount, and since then I haven't seen even a Regular go for that low. I'd still prefer the EX but given my situation I'm very happy to just have the statue at all.

I just bought the regular version of this for $460 AUD not sure if its a good deal or not but people barely sell these around here..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back