Jerry Vanderstelt LORT Art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My remarques are ready! I'll post photo's once I receive my prints :D

Cool! Hopefully mine has shipped. Won't be able to tell until I get home as I can't check my personal email from work.

I was surprised to find today that my print came!!

I haven't opened it yet, but I'm very excited. It's getting dark, so i'm not sure how well the photos would look, but i'll try and post some pictures either today or tomorrow.

Thanks again, Kit. :rock :rock :rock

Hi Guys.

I sent off the first load of lithos last nite. Arrival times will vary, but each litho received the same TLC as the rest! Save those tubes, cause they are the best you can get, so try to make use of 'em!
The rest of the shipments will go off by the end of this week.
Remember this is 100 pound paper, so it will take a while for the paper to return to a flatter state again, depending on how you lay the litho down. Heavy tempered masonite can help the process if it's really clean. There's probably 100 ways to do this too. Just be sure to have a real professional framer handle your framing. It's worth the cost difference to make sure the paper is properly mounted. Choose a cheap framer, and well, just don't !

TTFN,

JV

I have a question. Where would one take these to get properly framed? The mall? Any other recommendations? Also, how much can I expect to get it professionally framed, $50, $100, $100+? Anything to be aware of when asking them to frame, such as any possible damage if done incorrectly?

Guess that was more than a question...

I have a question. Where would one take these to get properly framed? The mall? Any other recommendations? Also, how much can I expect to get it professionally framed, $50, $100, $100+? Anything to be aware of when asking them to frame, such as any possible damage if done incorrectly?

If you can get to an Aaron Brothers they do really nice framing for really good prices if you wait for a good deal. I've had really good experiences with the one where I live in So Cali, and they have good taste too--little that's tacky or trendy, but a lot that is tried and true. I highly recommend them.

If you can get to an Aaron Brothers they do really nice framing for really good prices if you wait for a good deal. I've had really good experiences with the one where I live in So Cali, and they have good taste too--little that's tacky or trendy, but a lot that is tried and true. I highly recommend them.

Cool, thanks. They sound familiar, so I'm guessing I have at least one in the area. Maybe I'll buy three frames just to keep the two future Vaderstelt releases consitent in framing. Price??? I'm hoping 50-100

Unfortunately, it will be expensive to get this litho framed properly. You will want the framer to use an acid-free foam core backing and acid-free matte's[between 1 and 3 depending on your taste and which colors in the print you want to draw out or accentuate]. Under no circumstances let the framer use a cardboard backing. Cardboard is highly acidic and it will ruin your print. The frames themselves greatly vary in price [as you will soon find out] and it is truly a case of "you get what you pay for". If you are not willing to spend the necessary money on a good quality frame, chances are you will get one that is cheap looking. Lastly, you can go with regular glass or you can go with one of many types of non-glare glass. They too vary greatly in price, depending on the quality, but the good stuff will allow you to use up to 3 matte's on your print with no visual distortion whatsoever. You will also get ultra-violet protection from non-glare and it is something I would highly recommend, if you can afford it.
Expect to pay anywhere from about $150-$300 depending on the options you choose.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today! :eek

I LOVE THIS THING!

Nice remarque eh?

LOTRLitho.jpg

Back