Jessica's Planet: Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Happiness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica

Super Freak
Reaction score
For the uninitiated, I am an ape freak. If it's Planet of the Apes related, I'm all over it. When I first joined this forum, I never thought I would be brave enough to post my "stuff." But, here I am...still posting happily away!! :peace

A lot of my work is hidden in the mega Planet of the Apes thread, mostly ape-related but I also work on non-ape items. :horror I work in 1:9, 1:6 and now 1:1 scale.

I will be adding to this thread as time goes. Enjoy. Comments and constructive criticism welcome. :rolleyes:

Here is my very first 1:6 costume. At the time I did not own a human figure so I had to use my Sideshow Zira as a model:

nova002copy.jpg

nova003.jpg

nova20008-1.jpg

The outfit looks deceptively simple, but it's not.
Nova20009-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite outfits that I created. It's the first of two in the world, and I don't own any of them:

escape020.jpg

escape073.jpg

escape214.jpg
escape331-1.jpg

escape217.jpg

escape2B142.jpg

ZiraCornelius.jpg

This fabric started out as a Mossimo mens shirt and I was able to massage Cornelius's suit out of it.
Cornelius004.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

Cornelius011.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3888b.jpg

Last edited:
This is the first human I ever painted. It took three tries before I could get the skin smoothed out. This guy is 1:9 scale.
ColonelGeorgeTaylor.jpg
1Taylor028.jpg

1Taylor040.jpg

1:9 scale operating tables:

market027.jpg

Here it is in action, though the diorama is unfinished:
DrGalen038.jpg

Last edited:
My inspiration:
behind_pota46.jpg

I was commissioned to do this, so now there is a Sideshow Zira out there with a screen-accurate brown underdress! Someday I'll make myself another one.
IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5108.jpg

Last edited:
This was a commission, too, so now there is also a Sideshow Zaius with corrected length brown undershirt. It even has a Nehru collar! If the owner were to decide to fluff up his Zaius body with a fat-body suit, there is enough fabric in the back to "let out" to accomodate Dr. Z's girth. This Zaius was given cosmetic dental surgery by member AngelofMusic2112. He has become one of my favorite SS figures.

Zaius004.jpg
Did someone say ba-ba-ba-boo?
Maximus006.jpg

dec2008029.jpg

Last edited:
I started sculpting in November 08. I have gotten better with practice. I think I have about 18 or so apes that I have sculpted. Here's one of my favorites:
ape033.jpg
ape034.jpg

ape035.jpg

ape036.jpg

ape-1.jpg

Dr. Honorious. He's one of my earlier sculpts, and looking at him now I want to re-do his muzzle.
Honorious002.jpg
dec2008077.jpg

dec2008075.jpg
dec2008076.jpg

Last edited:
WOW Jessica, thats some top notch sculpting skills you've got. Congratulation, all you work is awesome from the tailoring to the sculpts and it shows that alot of love and dediction were put into them! :rock

This is my 1:1 scale outfit for me. I will be in full ape regalia in about two weeks. yay!!

Zira002.jpg

dec2008189.jpg

Zira004-1.jpg

I made everything from the chimp boots, to the brown underdress (I even wove the chimp sleeve lining, if you can believe that!)...and my obsession knows no bounds. I augmented hair to a human hair lace beard two strands of hair at a time until I got it to look like Zira's forehead hair!

From this...
zira001-1.jpg

To this...
zira002-2.jpg

To this...and it's not complete yet!
zira008-1.jpg

Last edited:
You are an absolute machine! I peak in the Ape thread every so often... but with as much as you all do its easy to miss stuff! Thanks for sharing.

And I am very jealous of you Ape outfit... I would love to do that for Halloween :rock

This is a "raw" Zira appliance from Apemania. It's a perfect fit for my face!!
IMG_4427-1.jpg

This is how she came. Apemania did all of the hard work, which was put down the main color.
zira006-1.jpg

I added color with rubber mask grease paint. I used a fine paint brush and ended up using my fingertips:
zira034.jpg

I sculpted the top teeth because the ones from Apemania were too long. Last night I had to give Zira dental surgery with a dremel because her jaw was unable to close enough due to the way I constructed her teeth.

It's a lot more yellow now, but I was told I should go darker still:
zira036.jpg

Back