Jim Kelly 1:6 Portrait headsculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Daniel,I just want to chime in here and say that this is an amazing sculpt!! I really look forward to seeing your work and I would like to see you start producing fully completed custom figures.:D

LOTRFan said:
:eek :eek :eek That's not Jim Kelly :eek :eek :eek

kelly.jpg

Not even close.

LOL I was expecting The Machine Gun Kelly myself.. 3 boring SuperBowls in a row.. Ha!

sunohc said:
Haha that's funny because another member on OSW quoted that same quote and I took many reference pics of him right from that scene lol!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments guys ^^

Mookeylama, that would be amazing if someone could acheive the real spongy fro...I wonder if I'd have to cast a fro and pour in flexible foam as the casting liquid, that might work...

For the sake of accuracy, and because I'm anal, I believe the correct quote is "Man, you come straight out of a comic book." :D

Eric

MisterToyNYC said:
For the sake of accuracy, and because I'm anal, I believe the correct quote is "Man, you come straight out of a comic book." :D

Eric

"bulls h i t , Mr Han Man!"

https://hanman.ytmnd.com/

please click it hahaha

miles said:
Hey Daniel,I just want to chime in here and say that this is an amazing sculpt!! I really look forward to seeing your work and I would like to see you start producing fully completed custom figures.:D

Yes, if the commissioner doesn't show up, I'll have to resort to either making my own line of them or attempt to sell it off to another guy willing to take the commission.

A fantastic sculpt. Have you considered sending some pics to Enterbay? In a reply to a recent e-mail I sent them they said that they are intrested in doing some of the other characters from Bruce Lee's movies (subject to licensing issues of course) so if a Jim Kelly as "Williams" from ETD figure ever happens you could maybe get yourself the job of doing the sculpt.

Thanks supersladeagent! ^^

Thanks Les!
Les: Maybe I should make a custom of him from black belt jones :)
But I haven't watched that one yet but for some reason I heard it alot whenever Kelly came up haha. Wouldn't the custom be pretty simple since in the pics he seems to only be wearing yellow pants and thats it..

bcm77: that's a good thought...
I could maybe ask them but I'm sure Arnie could nail this one 10 times harder haha.
Maybe I could get Arnie to refer me hehehe

Last edited:
Re: Jim Kelly (Enter the Dragon) 1:6 Portrait headsculpt

sunohc said:
I know this sounds very stupid of me,
but I actually can't find the email of the person who commissioned this.

I think he was either an OSW or sideshowfreaks member.
I just realized that I didn't have any of his emails in my inbox because they were left in a folder that I had acidently deleted. I searched both my email accounts and PM boxes but still no sign!!???

So, please PM me or email me if you are the person who commissioned this.
I still have a faint clue of who it was
so once the person contacts me I should be able to recognize it.

I hope the person responds(eventually) because he had paid a deposit.
Couldn't you contact him through the way he sent the deposit? If it was Paypal, wouldn't they have record of his email address on your account?

he sent a personal check.
my mother had deposited it.
Do you know if I can trace that check back or does the bank just trash it?
He planend on sending another deposit after 2 weeks from the first, but never did...
Maybe some family stuff or something..

sunohc said:
he sent a personal check.
my mother had deposited it.
Do you know if I can trace that check back or does the bank just trash it?
He planend on sending another deposit after 2 weeks from the first, but never did...
Maybe some family stuff or something..
I'm not sure how the bank in question handles checks, but I can look at a photocopy of the check online. With that you'll have the Name and snail mail address, which you could use to find out his phone number or send him a letter.
Maybe have your Mom contact the bank to see if you can find out the name and address of who's check she deposited.

Alright thanks for that.
I better do that as soon as possible since its the SNAIL MAIl haha.
ALso, how is this you can check online?

edit:
I asked about it and she said it's been too long since the check was deposited (Oct), so I'm gonna go ahead with plan B. I'll compnesate for the commissioner if he ever pops up since he did leave a little deposit.

Last edited:
UPDATE::::
Hey guys, I've decided to just go along and make use of this sculpt.
I asked the bank if they kept records of the deposit from the original commissioner, and I can't trace back to the check.
If the commission eventually finds me, I will offer a compensation for the deposit.

Meanwhile, I will make castings of this head avaiable.
They will be professionally casted by a moldmaker
Only 10 head castings or so will be available

and then I will only make custom figures of the head after that.
Custom full figures will be cheaper "preordered" after i make prototype
it will include the red and black robe he wears in ETD,
the yellow costume with patch, underwear, robe pants, shoes, hands and airbrushed head and some parts airbrushed to match skin toneon the body
red robe i'm talking about https://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1582/robeal8.jpg

It will be $25 shipped anywhere in US (a little more international)

and it will be a clean white resin cast with a pocket hole fit for a neck post.

Please send me a PM or an email (dabomb_izhere at hotmail.com)
and I accept paypal(easiest) or money orders.

Only the 10 head castings or so will be sold because I don't want to ruin the first and only mold.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------
6zs6.jpg

Last edited:
don't worry, there's still still a few left :)
I let my thread die too far lol so many aren't checking back in :eek:

so you're in luck!

If I get waay over 10 people requesting, I could move the limit up to 20, but once I get the caster started, I don't want to ask for another 10 and find out the mold got ruined so I gotta buy another one , so I'm only ordering as many as I can for one mold at once :)

sunohc said:
don't worry, there's still still a few left :)
I let my thread die too far lol so many aren't checking back in :eek:

so you're in luck!

If I get waay over 10 people requesting, I could move the limit up to 20, but once I get the caster started, I don't want to ask for another 10 and find out the mold got ruined so I gotta buy another one , so I'm only ordering as many as I can for one mold at once :)
Interesting that you're getting the casting done by someone else. Is there a reason why you're not doing it yourself? Also, would you mind sending me a PM about how much it costs and how many can you get from a mold?
I'm thinking about getting something cast.
Thanks.

oh, i can do it myself.
its more cost-effective if you do it yourself truthfully.
but I 'm acutally also allregic to silicone and resin and I get these horrid rashes that look like sunburn rashes all over and it spreads and stays for like 3 weeks, so I try to keep it minimal.

usually you can get anywhere from 20-30 from a mold, maybe more, but it tears or get all lose and shirnks after alot of castings regardless. microwaving it helps to prolong its life a little.

pm sent about costs

still some left..... :)

Last edited:
sunohc said:
oh, i can do it myself.
its more cost-effective if you do it yourself truthfully.
but I 'm acutally also allregic to silicone and resin and I get these horrid rashes that look like sunburn rashes all over and it spreads and stays for like 3 weeks, so I try to keep it minimal.

usually you can get anywhere from 20-30 from a mold, maybe more, but it tears or get all lose and shirnks after alot of castings regardless. microwaving it helps to prolong its life a little.

pm sent about costs

still some left..... :)
Thanks for the info.
I have a skin allergy to Neoprene rubber that sounds identical to what you get, so I would have problem too, but I plan on using gloves. Also plan on building a vacuum table since I heard it's best for casting.
I also read online somewhere that baking the mold is necessary after a few castings. Does the microwave produce the same results?

Back