Just Received a LSB Ex. Ironman.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Super Freak
Reaction score
Won this on eBay and of course it was advertised as mint. Well guess what? It's not! At least not in my opinion. That damn hard plastic that Sideshow used to cover it has caused several scuff marks on the chest area. Plus...there is a small chip out of the paint on the chest. :monkey4

Just emailed the seller.....I get tired of this BS. :emperor

That sucks. Unfortunately every SSC IM product has come with scuffs, etc. I'm worried about the 1:1

I'm wondering... if this is a rampant problem with all of Sideshow's LSB's, you'd think if there were enough complaints they'd refund a bit 'o cash to make good.

That ever come up?

/sorry...newb to owning Sideshow goods.

Me too. But maybe it will be the first to come without problems?:eek::lol

It possible, they changed the shipping cartons for the SIM I've heard after that problem went nuts or was that erronous?

I'm wondering... if this is a rampant problem with all of Sideshow's LSB's, you'd think if there were enough complaints they'd refund a bit 'o cash to make good.

That ever come up?

I believe its a rampant problem amongst IM product, as far as LSB its less common but now and then an issues occurs.

It possible, they changed the shipping cartons for the SIM I've heard after that problem went nuts or was that erronous?

I believe its a rampant problem amongst IM product, as far as LSB its less common but now and then an issues occurs.

No, I believe you are correct that they changed the inner styrofoam for the Stealth Iron Man to prevent damage. I think Sideshow has just had super bad luck with ol' shell-head for some reason. It won't prevent me from ordering the new 1:1 bust though. :D

Was it sealed? You should have had the seller inspect it first. There were a bunch of problems with these (even the replacements had issues, I know first hand but SS offered the replacements at a discount) due to the plastic trays which is why Sideshow said they were "improving" the packaging for the Stealth IM. That didn't turn out so well though either.

That ever come up?

Sideshow usually tries to offer a replacement however, when one is not available then they will either offer you a full refund or a discount to compensate for a damaged piece. It's up to the collector. I really think that Sideshow is an incredible company when it comes to customer service it's just the QC they need to improve just a bit. :)

Sideshow usually tries to offer a replacement however, when one is not available then they will either offer you a full refund or a discount to compensate for a damaged piece. It's up to the collector. I really think that Sideshow is an incredible company when it comes to customer service it's just the QC they need to improve just a bit. :)

That's pretty acceptable to me. There aren't any companies out there batting 1,000 on quality/shipping, and for my money, the two pieces that I own from Sideshow are the absolute HIGHLIGHTS of my "statue" collection. A discounted price or refund (without a battle from the company) is what I like to hear.

Was it sealed? You should have had the seller inspect it first. There were a bunch of problems with these (even the replacements had issues, I know first hand but SS offered the replacements at a discount) due to the plastic trays which is why Sideshow said they were "improving" the packaging for the Stealth IM. That didn't turn out so well though either.

It was not sealed and it was advertised as having been opened to verify that the contents were mint. I even inquired about the plastic shell and the reports of damage because of it.

Yep....I've already sent him an email. I like to give the sellers a chance before going to PayPal. This will probably keep me from getting into the LSB line.

It was not sealed and it was advertised as having been opened to verify that the contents were mint. I even inquired about the plastic shell and the reports of damage because of it.

It might have happened after he shipped it then as well. I would have asked him to wrap it in a soft foam wrap or microfiber cloth to prevent any issues.

It might have happened after he shipped it then as well. I would have asked him to wrap it in a soft foam wrap or microfiber cloth to prevent any issues.

I dunno...it ships from overseas to Sideshow and then to him with no problem - and then all the damage happens on the 3-day trip to me? The scuffs might have but the chip in the paint certainly didn't.

I dunno...it ships from overseas to Sideshow and then to him with no problem - and then all the damage happens on the 3-day trip to me? The scuffs might have but the chip in the paint certainly didn't.

That is why I said MIGHT have...did he have any pictures in the auction?

anymore, anytime I win on Ebay, I'm very specific with the seller. If something with metalic paint like IM, I ask them to wrap it in soft foam. I also specify to tape the styrofoam halves back together if opened. If shipping box has those cheap styrofoam corners and rest is air between the inner collector box, fill in the voids with peanuts and or paper.

This crap is too expensive to be careless on packing. I do the same when I ship anything.

anymore, anytime I win on Ebay, I'm very specific with the seller. If something with metalic paint like IM, I ask them to wrap it in soft foam. I also specify to tape the styrofoam halves back together if opened. If shipping box has those cheap styrofoam corners and rest is air between the inner collector box, fill in the voids with peanuts and or paper.

This crap is too expensive to be careless on packing. I do the same when I ship anything.

I always, and I mean always tape the two styrofoam halves together. This way the figure is secure during shipment. I have received a couple of pieces where the seller neglected to do that and chaos ensued. Some people are just lazy I guess. The ironic part is that it costs them more work in the end. :lol

I hope everything works out for you, Jase. Always have the seller check an item before shipping. But on the bright side, he can't threaten to leave you a negative feedback even if you file a complaint.:D

Back