King Arts Arc Reactor Replica Iron Man 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galmando

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since the King Arts replica thread seems to be mainly discussing the Captain America shields, I figured I may as well poat thia here so it doesn't get lost in the pages if people fancy a ganders or have any questions

So yeah, it finally arrived! No fault on King Arts part, I just finally got round to paying the remaining amount on it :)

In fact the shipping was incredibly fast.

Took some pics, had a good look at the mechanics of it, t'is rather cool...

The pics aren't really picking up the light up feature as it appears to the naked eye. There's an impression that you can see all the LEDs when in fact it's more diffused and even.

The palladium pieces are metal so have a nice weight to them, the box is very nice and detailed as well.

The base that the box on has some nice felt underneath and feels very solid, was expecting it to be flimsy so was quite surprised.

The Arc Reactor itself is probably the weakest element ironically, being that it's the main piece. Not that it's bad mind you, it's just that the quality of the subsidiary pieces is really nice yet that you expect more from the reactor. Had it just been the Arc on it's own then there would be no comparison and so I would likely not hold that opinion.

As I said though, it isn't a bad replica, it is still good and the opening/closing mechanisim is coooooool. Geek moments!

It's little gadget replicas with working parts like this that you rarely see, so it's great that they made this to such detail.

I may makea video, if anyone is interested mind you. Let me know and if you have any questions then just shout. Or type...

The Arc Reactor itself is probably the weakest element ironically, being that it's the main piece. Not that it's bad mind you, it's just that the quality of the subsidiary pieces is really nice yet that you expect more from the reactor. Had it just been the Arc on it's own then there would be no comparison and so I would likely not hold that opinion.

I feel like the box with chips is too gimmicky and they should've put all their attention into making a amazing Arc as only one has been done. To me, it looks cheap, it should have more metal like components. It would've brought the price down if they did away with the box too.

I feel like the box with chips is too gimmicky and they should've put all their attention into making a amazing Arc as only one has been done. To me, it looks cheap, it should have more metal like components. It would've brought the price down if they did away with the box too.

I think the box compliments it quite nicely and provides an all round pleasant set up.

But yeah, the Arc itself required more attention and more metal pieces to really give it that gravitas

Back