Lucas Spouts Off Again.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the thread about Temple of Doom I went back and watched it again, but found it very boring and hated the gross out set pieces even more than I had as a younger person.

I've always had an extreme fondness for Last Crusade though - and if this comes close I'm sure I'll like it.

I like TLC more than TOD too. Although I do think TOD is really good. BTW did this thread get shorter or am I going nuts? :google

I would wager money that if the A New Hope was coming out for the very first time in two months it would be very poorly received. Times, people, and tastes change.

I disagree. Solid story telling will always be appreciated regardless of technical or stylistic flash.

True, but I think that the prequels had pretty good stories too and those are disliked by many.

I heard someone singing the praises of the Police Academy movies the other day as "classics". To each their own. :dunno What qualifies as good storytelling is another kettle of fish.

Police Academy does rock, but again its a time and place sort of thing. But Lucas is definitely giving of a Debbie Downer vibe these days :lol

debbie_downer.jpg

After the thread about Temple of Doom I went back and watched it again, but found it very boring and hated the gross out set pieces even more than I had as a younger person.

I've always had an extreme fondness for Last Crusade though - and if this comes close I'm sure I'll like it.

That's strange how opinions differ. I LOVE TOD, and feel that while not as good as ROTLA, it is miles above the goofy TLC. TOD is just pure, pulpy fun with great sets, humor and non-stop action. Is it a darker film than Raiders? Yes (voodoo death cults and child-slavery is pretty heavy stuff) Is it a lighter film? Yep again (for some reason it still has some really funny moments amidst the darker subject-matter.) It takes the tone from ROTLA and turns everything up a notch to greater, 1930's comic book proportions, yet it brings Indy to a completely different adventure.

TLC on the other hand is just a watered down remake of ROTLA, replacing the ark with the grail, throwing in Sean Connery for a father/son subplot, and turning it into a complete farce. It's still a fun and entertaining flick, but I personally don't find it anywhere near as enjoyable as the first two.

The PT has an entirely different feel than the OT.

ESB isn't praised just because it was released during a certain era. It's a good movie, regardless of the date of release or the age of the audience watching it.

Back