Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Well this proves that Sideshow exercises complete freedom as to concept and interpretation of the characters it produces, free from any outside opinions and suggestions by collectors. I was also keeping my fingers crossed that magneto will be a statement piece for SS. I would still wait for more pics and videos of this piece because based on the initial pics, it is a median piece but a decent one. If the paint is superb, exclusive switch out part is impressive and the price won't force me to sell my remaining kidney, I will definitely snag one. I have a PO on the XM white magneto but I have no idea what that character is all about and I grew up with the blue and red magneto.

For those who will be going to SDCC, please take a video of this piece and kindly send us the link.

This piece is okay. I like the pose, the portrait, the paint and the base. But I just wish they had made Mags just a tad more muscular. Just like how Jim Lee drew him. I think that's the part I'm most disappointed about.

For such a long wait ...and with the competition out there ...this is disappointing. If only it was as impressive as Thanos on Throne.

:horror

Attachments

• 20233015_10155106704899145_5829662227837290288_o.jpg
    20233015_10155106704899145_5829662227837290288_o.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 146
  • who-da-fook-who-da-fook-is-that-guy.jpg
    who-da-fook-who-da-fook-is-that-guy.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 142

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. I'm very underwhelmed by what I've seen so far. Definitely sticking with my OG XM Mags. I think Daniel Bel's Magneto would have been a perfect PF for SSC. They should have picked that up instead of releasing this. Costume looks way off to me. This is just another X-line SSC will start and not finish. I'm not picking up any of these pieces. If SSC wants my money, it's Byrne era X-MEN or bust.

I really like this a lot definitely a buy for me. Since XM is way out of my league, this would be an alternative route. Yes, like XM, this is not a classic look as people expected, but I really dig the design - classics is a bit plain for my taste. Only one thing I hope they would fix on the final product, and that would be the shoulder pad; it's not flush against the body. Can't wait to pre-order this one....

Hopefully, they can also give us an unmasked portrait as well... Exclusive would be fine.

Doesn't look horrible, I think it looks ok but at the same time I was never a huge Magneto fan. Helmeted portrait looks good. Costume reminds me of the similar interpretation XM did for Daredevil for some reason.

Yeah, it's still a tough call... I'm wondering if his build will be similar to the Dr. Doom PF, just re-posed the cape today and am loving it again... :lol I felt like he should've been slightly bigger with the "armor" around his body, but posing the cape around just made me like it, haha. It will probably come down to the price point as well.

f1a8413ac52e9283ffe639bb59e5c058.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

if there were no customs I may have gone for this. thankfully there are plenty of better options out there.

The scale is better than XM

I'd take XM any day but for that cost I could buy 6 other XMEN including this one so ... SSMagneto all the way

It's like they are doing MCU variants of characters that historically in classic uniforms

I get why they changed Thanos' costume

I just don't get why the have to try and replicate XMs stylized approach

Their competitive advantage was classical representations of iconic characters for a North American audience (1:4 scale)

Only bothered by the costume alterations

Everything else is peachy

He's not the classic Magneto that I'm accustom to, but I think it's the best Magneto I've seen thus far. I would like Sideshow to make a few adjustments regarding proportions and purple-underwear, but we all know that's'nt going to happen.:)

I'm a die hard X Men fan and I hate to admit that I am super disappointed in this piece. SS should stick with what they know and that's classic representations with excellent anatomy. This piece feels to much like they were trying to XM him but their not XM and basically forced the design. The helmet/headsculpt doesn't feel like it belongs to that body and the cape, chest plate just seem all kinds of confused. C'mon SS, I want to want this piece. I don't even know who this Magneto is?

I'm in the same boat as many of you.

I'm a bit underwhelmed. The hype consumed me by the time I saw the final reveal. I didn't get this feeling with Thanos. Sideshow's Thanos is a work of art.

While this is nice, I got to admit I'm not sure if it's a Day 1 PO for me.

I REALLY like the pose. But I almost feel like after seeing XMs (V1 or V2), the detail is lacking, comparatively. It's not bad though. The Sentinel base is pretty darn cool. I think it's worthy of anyone's collection regardless, but I don't feel that this THE definitive Magneto. That's unlike Sideshow's Thanos, which for me is the end all be all as far as Thanos goes (at the moment.)

For those attending the convention

Can you please ask a SS rep what the Exclusive will be?

Unmasked portrait seems like an easy go to, also ask if there's a possibility for a classic variant

Lady Deadpool stole the show IMO

This year looks like it will be smooth sailing from here

Easy on the wallet too

For those attending the convention

Can you please ask a SS rep what the Exclusive will be?

Unmasked portrait seems like an easy go to, also ask if there's a possibility for a classic variant

They usually switch out parts throughout the event so we'll be seeing what the EX is shortly. I don't think it could be anything different from an unmasked head though... or even AoA.

I'm a die hard X Men fan and I hate to admit that I am super disappointed in this piece. SS should stick with what they know and that's classic representations with excellent anatomy. This piece feels to much like they were trying to XM him but their not XM and basically forced the design. The helmet/headsculpt doesn't feel like it belongs to that body and the cape, chest plate just seem all kinds of confused. C'mon SS, I want to want this piece. I don't even know who this Magneto is?

:goodpost::exactly:

Thanks. Looks great to me, especially in the video. I was hoping for a classic outfit as well but this doesn't disappoint me. Love the Sentinel bases that they're going with. Miles above their previous bland X-Men bases.

I feel the same way. Definitely not wow by this highly anticipated Magneto

Back