Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://tinyurl.com/43be5vp

Pretty good interview By Doc Owen about the sub possibilities! Might not make you purchase a sub, but if you already did buy one, it'll make you feel better about your purchase!

Yeah, this was actually pretty good. The designers seem eager even if the marketing team is just blah, blah, "...and it's bigger!". I guess that's all she thinks about :dunno
Hope this goes no matter what. I really want Vixen and Huntress!

You guys seen this:
https://www.savedcuc.com/now/

That quote from D. Piccket (or whatever) is classic! Wonder if he kisses his mom with those lips! Dayum!

Here's the quote: Lee told me it wasnt easy to find. My bad:
"The marketing and PR efforts from Mattel have been lighter than expected, but not for a lack of trying. Daniel Pickett of ActionFigureInsider.com explains, "Yes, Mattel is one of the biggest players in the industry. However, this subscription is for a smaller collector’s line and budgets are extremely tight. Even for something as simple as PR, if that budget wasn’t already in place for a project, it just can’t magically appear. That’s one of the unfortunate realities for big companies."

And yes, it aint looking so hot. Too bad for us I guess. Nevertheless, they'll blame the fans for not knowing, not supporting, not getting behind such a drastic step in another direction. Notice how with all these failed lines, Mattel's marketing team NEVER take any responsibility for the missteps? Bizarre, right?

Last edited:
Well that makes sense...since that _______ IS the Mattel PR TEAM!!!!

With him making those types of excuses for them and setting up the website and stuff, its no wonder most folks thinks he's a Mattel schrill.

That's is funny though...now the SIZE of the company is the reason why they didn't market the subscription...:cuckoo::rolleyes2:thwak

Was able to pick up the Harley Quinn joker 2 pack today at Tru. Looks pretty nice, just need to wait a few hours before I can open them.

Pretty nice looking set, glad i was able to snag the last one.

1d488db6.jpg

Looks good the way they posed it in the box. That's one of the things I liked about the DCUC figures, they were posed well in the box and could easily be left there and still be appreciated.

Not that my figures lasted more than an hour in their boxes once they were in the room. :D

Ahhhh, tha good ole days....nice snag Snipper.
Not long now till the bell tolls...:(:monkey2:monkey2:mad:

I'm not sure exactly where the thermometer ended up (some people say it wasn't updated over the weekend)

From the Matty collector forum:

"If the DCU subscription does not hit 100% then we have to make some decisions about the 2012 offering. More updates to come later this week!”

Last edited:
I'm trying very hard not to have any expectations about the sub. THat way, if it does go through, yay. If not, then we'll just have to wait to see where those Atrocitus, Garrick and Starman sculpts end up.

I'm getting a little sad though--picked up Bat Legacy series 2 and the Crime Syndicate over the last couple weeks and can't help thinking, "what if these and wave 19/20 are it for CLASSIC characters?"

Anyways... Catman rocks my socks, Batgirl in black is a huge difference just from a repaint standpoint GA Batman goes great with my JSA, and the CSA are pure love (even with incorrect fists and a blue neck on UltraMan). Without the sub, I'll be pinning a lot of hope on an inevitable Superman Legacy line for 'classic' figures (Earth-2 Supes w/ gray temples w/ Mxyzptlk pack-in!)...

Good news for you guys!!
From Matty's FB:

Hi DC Universe Club Infinite Earths fans!
We have some good news...the 2012 DC Universe Club Infinite Earths subscription program is moving forward! As you know, we did not hit the number of subscribers we were seeking for the club, but we know that there are some very passionate DC Universe fans, so we found a way to make the program work.
Current subscribers will get 6" and oversized figures according to the schedule that was originally communicated at San Diego Comic Con and online. All figures that have been revealed will be part of the subscription program.
In order to make the program work, we needed to raise prices for day-of sales. So if you are NOT a subscriber, you will be paying more for the figures on the day of the sale. The good news for subscribers is that you are locked in at the subscription rates previously advertised.
And the even better news is that we are exploring re-opening the subscription program for a limited window of time. We've heard fans online posting that they wish that they had subscribed, so now you'll get that chance. Be on the lookout for more details and dates next week.
We still have more good news, we are excited to reveal the winning club exclusive figure...Metron! So all of the subscribers will get their very own Metron, along with his Mobius Chair!
All of this good news will hopefully mean a fabulous start to the weekend for all of the DC Universe fans!
-FanGirl 2.0 :)

I don't even give a ____ if the whole scare tactic thing was a marketing ploy or not, I want Atrocitus, a green-skinned poison Ivy, Sandy Hawkins Sandman, Doomsday, Johnny Sorrow, and Constantine with his ____ing cigarette, and this is sure to be my best chance to get them.

Back