Mattel: DC Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the one in wave 5?

Um, no.

I said brown haired and proper. The one in wave 5 had a bad design and colors, it had black hair even though the Riddler is depicted most with brown hair, and his face didn't resemble Edward Nygma.

The question marks didn't even continue down the arms like in the prototype, and the ruddy coat they use for their figures doesn't work for him. Not to mention they used pink on him...

Last edited:
canarydeadshot2.jpg

dscn1995copy.jpg

IC - great photos. Perfect paint apps on Canary.

I once caught a fish this big....
Picture210.jpg

A couple of friends of mine helped me get a sdcc exclusive plastic man. I really love this figure, perfectly captures the Plasticman I have come to love. The only drawback is the neck extension. I wish it had been longer. Only 3/4 of an inch in the middle is truly flexible. If anyone is on the fence on getting this when it becomes available at Matty, I highly recommend it for their collection.

Um, no.

I said brown haired and proper. The one in wave 5 had a bad design and colors, it had black hair even though the Riddler is depicted most with brown hair, and his face didn't resemble Edward Nygma.

The question marks didn't even continue down the arms like in the prototype, and the ruddy coat they use for their figures doesn't work for him. Not to mention they used pink on him...

The face was dead on Nygma, just not maybe your Nygma. And Riddler had black hair back in the old jumpsuit days so I had no problem with it in the suited look. And it is purple, not pink. A pinkish purple sure, but still purple nonetheless. I will give you the cop-out they did on the jacket though. He really should have had the question marks on the sleeves too.

You have to remember he was made for Walmart. They cut corners. If they didn't make him the way they did, we still wouldn't have a suited Riddler.

Buttmunch is correct, the 'classic' look Riddler did have black hair.
In fact, the first appearence of The Ridler depicted him with jet black hair. Since then most of his appearences in comics depicted him with black hair also.
I think the first ever instance (though I could be wrong) of The Riddler not having black hair was in BTAS. Since then there have been a few depictions of him with brown/ginger coloured hair, most notably Batman Forever, Batman: Hush and also the Lee Bermejo Joker GN.
It definitely seems though that all depictions of The Riddler in the jumpsuit have him with black hair, Batman Forever being the only exception I can think of or find.

ae964860.jpg

So having a Riddler figure with brown/ginger hair would not be incorrect, but it could never be called 'classic', so it only stands to reason that is the colour/look they would use in DCUC.

IC - great photos. Perfect paint apps on Canary.

I once caught a fish this big....
Picture210.jpg

A couple of friends of mine helped me get a sdcc exclusive plastic man. I really love this figure, perfectly captures the Plasticman I have come to love. The only drawback is the neck extension. I wish it had been longer. Only 3/4 of an inch in the middle is truly flexible. If anyone is on the fence on getting this when it becomes available at Matty, I highly recommend it for their collection.

Thanks for the compliment Jester, it means alot. And yup Canary and Deadhot are indeed new acquisitions. No matter how hard I try, I can't stay away from this line which is frustration beyond belief as I'm trying to distance my collection away from action figures and strictly statues and 1:1 props in an effort to follow my collecting mantra "quality over quantity" but with SO many awesome characters in this line I sometimes cave and buy a figure here and there. I guess it's a small testament at how good this line really is. I mean, who would have thought that the line would become so expansive that there would eventually be a Kamandi figure it....

I simply cannot wait to buy & play with that Plastic Man figure!!

I own many DCUC figures, but this will be the first one I've wanted to play with just like I did with my Super Powers figures when I was 9 years old. This thing looks like fun incarnate:blissy

These are some pretty cool figures. I figured if anyone wants to discuss these, you can do so here.

Wave 1:

mat107096322150zj2.jpg

Wave 2:

mat107116271790mi2.jpg

Wave 3:

mat107126302877tm3.jpg

Also, has anyone found Wave two in their area? I think the entire wave skipped over the Philly area...
death stroke!!!!!

I love this figure. The head sculpt is so dead on ____ Giordano style. Just be careful playing with the stretchable arms, they might tear off the articulation disk. I wish the neck was a foot long though, it would have been fun to have it go in spirals in and out of the other figures.

Thanks for the compliment Jester, it means alot. And yup Canary and Deadhot are indeed new acquisitions. No matter how hard I try, I can't stay away from this line which is frustration beyond belief as I'm trying to distance my collection away from action figures and strictly statues and 1:1 props in an effort to follow my collecting mantra "quality over quantity" but with SO many awesome characters in this line I sometimes cave and buy a figure here and there. I guess it's a small testament at how good this line really is. I mean, who would have thought that the line would become so expansive that there would eventually be a Kamandi figure it....

I know what you mean!!! I have a gazillion figures and trying to make a complete jump to statues! I need will power man cause its hard!!! Specially seeing the next few waves coming out, not to mention Marbel Legends coming back!! Need Help, im going:cuckoo:

Got screwed out of Plastic Man today. Currently trying to score one off of ebay. Dear Mattel, @#$% you. I'd rather pay twice what an item is worth if it means I don't have to use your crappy website and Digital River. So frustrated...:gah:

I got a second Plastic Man ordered today to replace mine I got at SDCC that was missing his right fist, so if anyone wants a Plastic Man minus his right fist, let me know or else its going back to Matty when I get my replacement.

How quickly did Plastic man disappear? I noticed that the Starro figures are still available. I've seen it at a friends house and if I haven't been on a buying spree and weren't strapped for cash I probably would buy one.

It has a voice chip that tells the history of each character. Each time you press the button it switches to a different character. Pretty cool. it is such a shame the starro heads can't be bought from the site.

I saw a grundy sell for like 50 the other day on ebay and ever since they've been selling for like almost 90 bucks with shipping...I really shouldve bought it when I had the chance.

Back