1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

You didn't have to delete my post. I was being serious. IT DOES look like that at that angle.

picture.php

Is it just me or, at that angle, does it look like that Batman is "cooing"?

Cooing.jpg

ok fair enough. we cool.

but I am not cool with someone deleting my posts? We're not allowed to go against the grain here?

I'll just leave this here:
1212735292304_communist_logo.jpg

what did I do wrong? I cant say the figure looks flawless?

You didn't have to delete my post. I was being serious. IT DOES look like that at that angle.

picture.php

Is it just me or, at that angle, does it look like that Batman is "cooing"?

Cooing.jpg

hahahha yes .. super great pic ...... it DOES look like he's cooing!!!!!

I felt like doing a little comparison of the Bale to the figure, so I used this image, pasted it over the figure, outlined Bale and then left it over the figure, and while doing it I found the chest armor is the right size, each pec piece and the overall width within the proportions of the figure. The Bat symbol is a bit larger, but not excessively much, but one thing I did notice that affects the depth of his chest and the slope of it is the kevlar section.

While looking at the 2 photos, I noticed that the figure has a strong shadow on the kevlar section of the chest armor, and you don't see anything like that on Bale.

Looking at a more profile shot, the part of the chest armor that sticks out is the non-kevlar piece that starts from the abdomen, then the kevlar area curves towars his collar bone. On the HT armor, the non-kevlar part sticks out properly, but then, causing the shadow I noticed, the kevlar section sticks out a bit more before curving towards the collar bone. If HT flattened the kevlar section back so the chest armor only stuck out as much as the non-kevlar section, would probably make a good difference.

TDK1.jpg

TDK2.jpg

TDK3.jpg

If Hot Toys corrected what I'm seeing, from this angle, the red line would be roughtly the horizon of the chest armor, notice how much further in it would be.

TDK4.jpg

does anyone know if they are going to do this with the original suit from batman begins

does anyone know if they are going to do this with the original suit from batman begins

DX version? Not likely, they pretty much got that one done right the first time last summer, a different head with PERS and the side belt attachment for the gun are really the only things I can think of them doing to update it.

While both TDK DX figures are sort of re-releases, there's a significant ammount of difference between the originals and DX's, I don't see room for a Begins figure to be that much different from the previously released figure.

I'm just wondering why HT puts a quote saying it's a more complex suit...looks pretty much the same to me. Not even sure anymore if it's worth for me to dish out $200 when I already have the TDK version.

I think reducing the side of his arms and gauntlets plus widening the head would greatly improve the look of the figure.

Y'know, HT's is definitely more accurate than the Medicom. Yet medi's looks better? I just think the medicom might look better as a figure. Blow up the HT version to full size and it would probabaly be a perfect representation of bale in the suit, blow up the Medi and it might not. Know what I mean? Even if you don't I do :lol

It's back and forth with me between the two, I keep looking at this DX thinking, "well that looks just like bale in the suit!" But then i'll open up a picture of the medicom and think, "wait, that's different in a lot of ways to the HT and looks just like bale in the suit!" Mind boggling

My mods to the DX, if I could make any, would be:

Widen the head & Neck
Increase the length of the shoulder pads, so they go further down his arms
Reduce the size of the arms and gauntlets
Make the armour on the legs more defined
Increase the size of the armour plates on his torso (not the chest pieces with the symbol on)

Last edited:

I'm just wondering why HT puts a quote saying it's a more complex suit...looks pretty much the same to me. Not even sure anymore if it's worth for me to dish out $200 when I already have the TDK version.

I'm guessing that HT calls it complex because it's not just a big rubber suit like the Begins figure.

would anyone here like it if the suit was mesh and came with the pieces packed separately with snaps to assemble it yourself?and maybe live a Rubber sleeve to put over the neck?

I'm guessing that HT calls it complex because it's not just a big rubber suit like the Begins figure.

Well the TDK figure I have is pretty much a big clunk of rubber...more detailed than BB yes, but still all rubber.

Nope, I have a feeling if it was multilayered at all, it'd probably be pretty bulky, I think sculpting detail into one piece of material is the best way to keep proportions good in 1/6 scale.

just want to chime in and commend all the nitpicking in this thread. i thought the figure looks great enough, albeit not perfect. but you guys constantly nagging for perfect accuracy can only do us collectors more good than harm in the long run.

if ever the perfect batman figure is made, i know it'll be more because of the 'whiners' instead of the other camp.

wel I was saying make the mesh a form fitting,thin under suit and just snap on the armor plates.

Well the TDK figure I have is pretty much a big clunk of rubber...more detailed than BB yes, but still all rubber.

Yeah, basically but for the chest armor and shoulder pads, but in marketing, all you need is that little to make it more "complex" and you can kinda get away with saying it.

wel I was saying make the mesh a form fitting,thin under suit and just snap on the armor plates.

I know exactly what you were getting at, and I just don't think it can be achieved in scale on a figure this small and be thin enough to keep the proportions you can achieve just sculpting multiple textures into rubber alone.

Yeah, basically but for the chest armor and shoulder pads, but in marketing, all you need is that little to make it more "complex" and you can kinda get away with saying it.

Well HT will see how much more COMPLEX it will get to have people dish out dough everytime they double-dip on a figure LOL

This figure is awesome and I can't wait till it comes out. Where did you guys preorder this figure??? Does SideshowToy.com website ever carry any of the Batman figures??? I just checked on their site and there is nothing. I wanted to order mine through SideshowToy but don't think there will be any available with them. Any other alternatives for this preorder? Thanks

Sideshow doesn't import these.DC Direct does,and you can get them at sites like BBTS or Urban Collector,or through Diamond Previews at specialty shops.

Sideshow doesn't import these.DC Direct does,and you can get them at sites like BBTS or Urban Collector,or through Diamond Previews at specialty shops.

Thank you very much :) How is Urban Collector by the way, are they a reliable company?

Back