1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a 100% perfect likeness? Doesn't appear to be ...
While others may not find that acceptable from HT,

EXACTLY.

It's no worse than the typical Hot Toys release, and is in fact a lot better than many - Indy, Alice, RDJ, etc. Hot Toys doesn't do any 100% accurate sculpt - I'll argue they've never been closer than 80%, though that's a lot closer than most other companies. They all have likeness flaws, even the ones people most rave about, such as Bale, Reeve, Lee and Skywalker.

If you want the figure to look like the actor being portrayed, here is the best advice you will ever get: Light it dramatically and appropriately to achieve the look you want. Plenty of shadow detail is always a requirement. Under full light there is not a single Hot Toys sculpt ever made that can stand everyone's scrutiny.

Some of the recent pictures are great examples of this, such as those on the Batpod by skytoast - terrific lighting and angles which absolutely make the look.

Last edited:
I thought that was asked and answered wasn't it? It's the Batpod that is sold separately from the figure...not the extra hands from the figure.

thanks. guess i missed it. it wasn't worded very well.

One (1) Pair Bat-pod riding hands (Bat-pod Sold Separately)

EXACTLY.

It's no worse than the typical Hot Toys release, and is in fact a lot better than many - Indy, Alice, RDJ, etc. Hot Toys doesn't do any 100% accurate sculpt - I'll argue they've never been closer than 80%, though that's a lot closer than most other companies. They all have likeness flaws, even the ones people most rave about, such as Bale, Reeve, Lee and Skywalker.

If you want the figure to look like the actor being portrayed, here is the best advice you will ever get: Light it dramatically and appropriately to achieve the look you want. Plenty of shadow detail is always a requirement. Under full light there is not a single Hot Toys sculpt ever made that can stand everyone's scrutiny.

Some of the recent pictures are great examples of this, such as those on the Batpod by skytoast - terrific lighting and angles which absolutely make the look.

I have to agree with you on this. Although I am very new to collecting Hot Toys figures (or comicbook related figures for that matter), I have for quite some time collected anime/video game related figures and sculpts. As realistic as these HT figures are, they are still "figures" - scaled objects that will only have so much detail so I hope people have realistic expectations. Obviously manufacturers will shine their best light on their products to market and advertise. Infact, this is no different, with any forms of presentation whether your subject is a gorgeous pinup supermodel or some beautiful landmark building on a breathtaking landscape.

Having seen alot of the pictures of her on the site she looks alot more doll like than other hot toys I own. Any how she will turn up next week in the flesh so I will be able to comment on her better then. Just her and then 1/4 batman and Robocop for me as prices are getting far too expensive for a hobby collection for the masses.

Has anyone has their WL get converted lately? I did the non E hopin I could get this.

EXACTLY.

:hi5: :duff
Pervy and unsettling.

Have to agree with you

Prudes.:D

she looks much better without underneath garment lines. does she pass the butt test without seeing granny panties? :)

On the side she looks better, just don't expect it to look tight like widow's because the mesh of the suit is different and looser.Also because of the color you can still see a trace of the flesh seeping through. But the articulation is much easier in the legs IMO:lecture

Snake Eater and kia825 maybe didn't see the Black Widow thread. that one got so pervy and unsettling the mods had to clean it up and make a special sexpot thread for the risque stuff.

ain't nothing wrong with taking off the leotard or any of guyver1's pics. encore! encore!

: D

Snake Eater and kia825 maybe didn't see the Black Widow thread. that one got so pervy and unsettling the mods had to clean it up and make a special sexpot thread for the risque stuff.

ain't nothing wrong with taking off the leotard or any of guyver1's pics. encore! encore!

That's the thing...I've seen many a pervy anime statue/ figure pic or three in my time, and this REALLY ain't it.:lol

Don't worry guys, I just showed the exposure in case some one was curious about the how the chest would look on this suit unzipped.

If you want to remove the leotard

I suggest

1. Take off belt, it's glued but not tight
2. The leotard is fitted snuggly.
3. I just pulled off the legs and arms and then just slid it off, trust me that's the best way for not ripping it so you can use it again

What I had a problem the leo is when you tried to pose the legs high, it would catch on the fabric so you couldn't secure the twist of the leg socket snuggly, it would just fall down again, that's why I removed it. :lecture

Last edited:
I thought about taking the white thing off but I like her zipped up

It's your preference, the suit as not as bad as widows, you can strip it and take the leotard off or put it back on without it creasing or crinkling on you. Once you took off Widow's suit for a custom it was never form fitted again. But Cat's is nice and flexible material wise, so you can strip it for a custom and not worry about it not fitting snuggly on the figure again.

I just hated how the white leo would rub against the leg joint. So much easier now to hold a kicking pose now

Back