Molecule8 1/4 Jack Burton Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecuel8 1/4 Jack Burton Figure

Are the 1/4 figures supposed to use the skeleton also?

According the Jack Burton page on their site, yes. Two head sculpts, enough hands to handle the hardware, metal endoskeleton, and a ton of accessories. Some of which I totally do not need like the half eaten sandwich, the sake gourd, the bottle he catches, the loose CB hand piece, etc. I don't remember him with the Tai Chi sword (or pole arm for that matter) but at least he has the boot knife and tech-9. Does the second head sculpt have smeared lipstick?

According the Jack Burton page on their site, yes. Two head sculpts, enough hands to handle the hardware, metal endoskeleton, and a ton of accessories. Some of which I totally do not need like the half eaten sandwich, the sake gourd, the bottle he catches, the loose CB hand piece, etc. I don't remember him with the Tai Chi sword (or pole arm for that matter) but at least he has the boot knife and tech-9. Does the second head sculpt have smeared lipstick?

If they really do all at 1/4 scale that for less than $300 colour me impressed. But why can't they show a single full figure prototype yet? It's not asking much even if the production figure is still months away.

I don't have room for sets of 1/4 figures beyond the Turtles but as this would be a stand alone figure I'd probably buy it. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, need to wait for some sort of pics of any complete figure.

by the time this thing starts PO in november, john lennon should have been released for quite a while.
then we can decide whether PO this or not, by reference to the quality of the john lennon production figure.

I don't think I'd risk pre-ordering with them directly at least until they ship a figure.

Interesting. It's not in any way impossible that M8 could deliver a 1/4 figure at $250, and a 1/4 vehicle at $300. All things are possible. The real question is, will it be any good... and will it happen?

Fact remains, M8 have delivered **** all to date. And despite the fact that it's a bunch of ex- bits of UK videogaming, all of whom have been round the block, they communicate as if language were something they're googling as they type. They can promise what they like - just like Peter Molyneux, an old associate of at least one of M8's main people, which should be warning enough for some - but so far they're all mouth & no trousers.

Be nice to be proved totally wrong, god knows the industry could do with a kick up the arse. Nothing from M8 except vapourware as yet, tho.

I was intrigued by the SS Jack Burton figure but never really considered ordering it even though BTiLC is one of my favorite 80's flicks. But if M8 can actually deliver a high quality 1/4 Burton figure for $250 shipped I will be very tempted. Especially since I have gotten into 1/4 scale lately. I am going to err on the side of caution however and wait until the figure is released with in hand pics and reviews before ordering. Hopefully there would still be some available at that time if the figure turns out to be all that has been promised.

No surprise there. They hardly have anything to show us so why would they be remotely ready for SDCC.

Last edited:

No surprise there. They hardly have anything to show us so why would they be remotely ready for SDCC.
Until we get a legitimate prototype outfit for a 1/6 scale figure (and not a kitbash of a figure in a military shirt and khaki pants), my excitement will be a bit curtailed.

People are used to seeing physical figures on display in their completed form...I imagine that SDCC would only cause M8 to embarrass themselves...I'm still rooting for them I have nothing to gain if they are frauds or incompetent and so much to gain if this is all true...just not really thinking that I will be setting up display space for M8 in the near or even slightly distant future...I give them a month to announce that they have found a way to make the endoskeleton even more "fantastic" than it was before so all figures are being delayed until fall of 2018 to allow for this change...or some such nonsense...

They've surely been working on this stuff for months if not years though. HT show prototypes, some of which are pretty average like the BvS Batman(fatsuit), that are a year or more from release. You'd think M8 could show more than renders and a head sculpt by now.

Are they still claiming to be releasing Lennon this year?

If an actual Lennon figure existed as of today's date...you know the one that was "ready to ship in May but deliberately held back to allow retailers to get on board..."I have no doubt that Sideshow would gladly dedicate one small case in their SDCC display to it...but there is no figure, just a head sculpt that they probably have not even figured out how to mass produce or even attach to the body that does not exist yet...I hope it will exist one day but don't think it will in 2017...

Booth space is hard to purchase at sdcc and expensive. There is no need for an entire booth to show off only a couple completed figures.

Not really.

They're based in the UK, I wouldn't expect them to show at SDCC. Big Chief doesn't show at SDCC.

Perhaps I misunderstood but I took it as they would not be displaying anything, not so much that they would have their own booth. Hot Toys is displayed at Sideshow, a company doesn't need to actually be at the show but the product should. If they plan on having completed product to view then its not shady. All depends what they meant by it.

Back