Most worthless character to get the Hot Toys Treatment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making the Lone Ranger Tonto without making the actual Lone Ranger to go with it- HUGE HT fail!

IMG_9787.JPG

The Mandarin, which wasn't The Mandarin after all.
Oh, and all the pointless Iron Man exclusives they make just for fun as they're not exactly movie accurate.

Was it Noland,Fatburns character in "Predators"?A figure that hasn't exactly set the World alight.And making Tonto without the Lone Ranger has to rank among the stupidest decisions ever.

Fully agreed. I'd have bought the Lone Ranger/Tonto set had both been made. I really enjoyed that film. No Ranger means no purchase from me on Tonto though. It just seems pointless to have the sidekick and not the title character. Ridiculous choice all around.

Based on this answer HT's would have to close down cuz they'd have nothing to make LOL. Wolverine? Really? :D

Yeah, I didn't get including Wolverine, Iron Man, and the Batman figures on that list. I own several Wolverines, Batmans, and Iron Mans. Without those characters I'd have never even jumped into this hobby.

Gotta say Electro...bad design, questionable characterization and not worth the price of admission.

Oooh definitely. Total waste of time.

There are so many. I think people have this well in hand though. Maybe I'd add Perseus and that Prince of Persia Jake Gylenhaal figure.

I woulda bought him

Same, I think Hot Toys cut their own throats with this line by releasing Tonto first. I had planned to get them both, but when Tonto hit I decided to make certain we'd get a Ranger before placing the order. I think a lot of people did the same, because like I said earlier, who wants the sidekick if the title character wasn't being made? As a set, the two would be awesome. Tonto alone is just a weird piece that doesn't fit many displays. I really enjoyed the film though, and it's a shame that we never got both of them by Hot Toys and will probably not be seeing a sequel.

Oooh definitely. Total waste of time.

There are so many. I think people have this well in hand though. Maybe I'd add Perseus and that Prince of Persia Jake Gylenhaal figure.

I disagree about Electro. The movie version was underwhelming, but as a huge Spidey fan, I was happy to get any villain from his rogues made. I was never happy with the fact that they didn't do the Raimi villains aside from New Goblin, who was the worst in both characterization and design. I think had they not led with him, and had started with a character that would've sold well like Doc Ock, Green Goblin, or the obvious money-maker Venom then that line would've continued. Either way, I'm happy to own Electro as a figure.

I'd agree on Perseus and Prince of Persia. I'd also add that Jake Sully from Avatar was probably a bad move as a solo figure as well.

gynysys endo is more complex than anything they did, so at least it might serve a good purpose in future in building the true skeleton.

Civil war captain America "battling version".

**** HT and **** that figure. The standard should've been it, or at least make the "battling version" actually look like its "battling" and not some dirty knee caps.

Another figure that's worthless; Optimus prime.

One more mention; barbershop depp. WTF were they thinking?

I disagree about Electro. The movie version was underwhelming, but as a huge Spidey fan, I was happy to get any villain from his rogues made. I was never happy with the fact that they didn't do the Raimi villains aside from New Goblin, who was the worst in both characterization and design. I think had they not led with him, and had started with a character that would've sold well like Doc Ock, Green Goblin, or the obvious money-maker Venom then that line would've continued. Either way, I'm happy to own Electro as a figure.

I'd agree on Perseus and Prince of Persia. I'd also add that Jake Sully from Avatar was probably a bad move as a solo figure as well.
So HT made a mistake making the sidekick Tonto first and they also made the mistake of making the main character of Avatar as well? Honestly they can't win. If you really wanted a Lone Ranger then you should have bought Tonto to support the line. Anyone who complains about not getting a Lone Ranger when they didn't buy Tonto only have themselves to blame. Same for all the Neytiri lovers who passed on Jake.

Also the main character of the highest grossing film of all time doesn't deserve a figure made? Ridiculous statement.

Back