Moving Detolfs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking to move some detolfs in a month or two. Curious as to how others have safely done it. Move isn't more than 10 minutes away, so if I could do it without taking them all apart, it'd be preferable.

I was thinking that I'd remove the shelves, pack them with soft goods, and then wrap them like a spider with plastic film to put supportive pressure on the whole unit. Then just work with the movers to transport it knowing what's inside.

Looking to move some detolfs in a month or two. Curious as to how others have safely done it. Move isn't more than 10 minutes away, so if I could do it without taking them all apart, it'd be preferable.

I was thinking that I'd remove the shelves, pack them with soft goods, and then wrap them like a spider with plastic film to put supportive pressure on the whole unit. Then just work with the movers to transport it knowing what's inside.
The last time I moved the removalists did something very similar but they just used duct tape and wrapped it around enough to keep the whole thing together. They didn’t put anything inside them and they were fine.

Back