My custom Heath Ledger - Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Thank you all :) I'm very glad you like it

Yodasodabo: Yes actually my main ispiration for the sculp and painting comes from that scene

Remy: Unfortunately yes....It's a litte big for the body.. thats because this was my first time on action figure sculpting...so I made it with FIMO and when I've "cooked" the head..something has gone wrong...the head was inflated a bit because of my inexperience whit the material...anyway im gonna make some "fixed copies" and after that...I think Im gonna sell it :)

gypsycatcha: Actually yes, the camera angle make it bigger

Jokes & Bats: Yes! that was my focus, it's Heath Ledger...not just the Joker, he have to be like Heath Ledger and after that you can put a smile on his face xD I think that the main reason for the "not so great joker likeness" in other figures is this

My main focus was the likeness, the sculpt is not perfect, painting is not perfect but, overall I think is pretty decent, so If im gonna sell it, I will do for a nice price ;) ...hoping that the shipping price will be well... I live in Sicily..actually I dont know how much cost me send a package to america o.o Public services really sucks here

This pictures show you the proportions mistakes a little bit better, sorry for poor quality
WP_20140116_005.jpg
WP_20140116_001.jpg

Anyway I'm gonna fix it in a better way possible
post me your suggestions if you want ;)

Any possibility you are gonna do one with the neck on it? Love how you did the paint on your Joker btw compared to other ones I have seen

Some of the production heads were on the smaller side as it is IMO. Slightly bigger CAN be better if it's not overboard.

Great sculpt and paint apps to boot! Hair will be the make or break, can't wait to see that!

Great sculpt buddy. I particularly like the paint job :rock.

Thank you ;) I've tried to replicate the consistency of the original makeup from the movie, my ispiration was the interrogation chamber scene, the makeup at that point was very beautiful, in other parts of the movie the makeup is, you know, too "clean" xD
..anyaway this is not the final paintjob, I have to do other little fixes on it.

Thank you ;) I've tried to replicate the consistance of the original makeup from the movie, my ispiration was the interrogation chamber scene, the makeup at that point was very beautiful, in other parts of the movie the makeup is, you know, too "clean" xD
..anyaway this is not the final paintjob, I have to do other little fixes on it.

I agree. Interrogation make up is the best one.

Had a look at the pictures on a bigger screen. Man, you really did an awesome job. Can't wait to see the fixed version, I'd be definately up for a copy. And is it just me or is this sculpt under the best 3 made so far (the sizing issue aside)? Do you have any other background in sculpting?

I'm really amazed!

Had a look at the pictures on a bigger screen. Man, you really did an awesome job. Can't wait to see the fixed version, I'd be definately up for a copy. And is it just me or is this sculpt under the best 3 made so far (the sizing issue aside)? Do you have any other background in sculpting?

I'm really amazed!

Oh thank you :) Actually no, I've did some sculpting at school back in the days (art institute) but nothing like action figures, just things like this:

00EYE.jpg

just regular school sculpts...
And they dont taught anything about sculpting...just "sculpt this, sculp that, you do"
My first head sculpt was the joker one...I made it just for passion...now I'm working on Daryl Dixon head...and of course I wanna make other sculpts...
About the best 3...I dont know xD maybe after fixes and after finishing all the work...It will be somewere to the best 10 I think xD
I've seen many customs joker and there are some pieces of art...very unreachable
sorry for any grammatical mistakes!

Oh Thank you all :)
Remy: Unfortunately yes....It's a litte big for the body.. thats because this was my first time on action figure sculpting...so I made it with FIMO and when I've "cooked" the head..something has gone wrong...the head was inflated a bit because of my inexperience whit the material...anyway im gonna make some "fixed copies" and after that...I think Im gonna sell it :)

Wow!
My Gosh, I'm really impressed. :clap
This is really one of the best Jokers I've seen, and to find out you havent been doing
this for a long time is mind blowing.
I thought at first that you were probably one of those professional sculptors that decided to chime in
in this forum.

The coloring of the face is magnificent cause it looks like make-up on skin.
I'm definitely interested when you offer this man. :wave

Wow!
My Gosh, I'm really impressed. :clap
This is really one of the best Jokers I've seen, and to find out you havent been doing
this for a long time is mind blowing.
I thought at first that you were probably one of those professional sculptors that decided to chime in
in this forum.

The coloring of the face is magnificent cause it looks like make-up on skin.
I'm definitely interested when you offer this man. :wave

Thanks a lot,
Actually long time ago, I've ever thought: "Would be awesome to have some...figures of my favorites actors, game characters..." then comes out batman begins...aaaand the dark knight, and I was like wooooooooooooooooow :panic: I have to do something!
I've started to search you know...on google something like: movies action figures...then I discovered 1/6 scale world and, bam.
I saw many collectors on youtube...then I discovered this forum, long time ago, and I saw people like Kato and others...and I was so ispired!
Anyway, I can't wait to do my fixes, when I will sell the head sculpt, im gonna replicate that make up on skin effect even better I hope :) and of course I will do neck and neckless version...for the Hair I've thought to use mohair for more realistic feeling. What you think?

This pictures show you the proportions mistakes a little bit better, sorry for poor quality
View attachment 88515
View attachment 88519

Anyway I'm gonna fix it in a better way possible
post me your suggestions if you want ;)

If your going to try and cast it and you want to shrink it, here's a useful trick I use: add from ten to thirty percent turpentine to your silicon mix. It should reduce the mold a few per cents. If it's not enough, you can can the already shrunk head and repeat the operation until you have the right size.

Back